Chapter 34

Dr Rhodes walks into the waiting room. When Sam sees him, she stands up. 'How is he?' Sam asks as she walks up to him.

'He'll be fine. We removed the bullets but he lost a lot of blood. We're going to keep transfusing blood into him overnight.' Dr Rhodes tells her. 

'Thanks.' Sam says and he smiles. 'Listen, sorry about earlier.' Sam tells him.

'It's fine.' Dr Rhodes replies. 'Connor Rhodes.' He says holding his hand out. Sam stands and stares at him for a moment. He looks at her weird.

'Samantha Voight. I suggest you turn around and walk away before I get tempted to drop your ass.' She says shaking his hand, making sure it looks like a polite conversation, in front of everyone. 

'Shaylynn told you what happened between us?' Connor asks.

'Every single detail.' Sam replies. 'I'll come and see Andrew tomorrow.' She turns on her heels and walks back to Peter. He stands up and they leave.

After they leave Med, they decide to go to Molly's. They walk up to the bar where Herrmann is. 'Sam, Shaylynn told us what happened at the office. Are you OK?' He asks.

'I'm fine.' Sam smiles. They order their drinks and head to a table where Antonio, Laura and Anna are.

'Hey.' Anna smiles.

'Hi.' Peter grins. 

Whilst they are talking, Kelly sneaks up behind Sam and slams his hand on her shoulders. Acting on instinct, she puts her drink down and jabs him in the ribs with her elbow.

'Fuck.' Kelly exclaims. Upon hearing his voice, she turns around and stands up.

'Kelly! I am so sorry!' Sam says.

'It's alright. I should have known it would happen. You are basically a mini version of Shaylynn.' Kelly responds. 'I was told about what happened at the office and wanted to make sure that you're alright.

'I'm fine.' She informs him. CPD are holding the bastards tonight. I'm going to help do the interviews tomorrow.' She continues. 'Mini Shaylynn?!' She exclaims realising what Kelly said. 'You're asking for it now.' She laughs. 'Where is Shaylynn anyway?' 

'She's at home doing some work.' Kelly responds. 'Anyway, I'll let you get back your drinks.' 

'You sure you're alright?' She asks.

'Yeah. It'll only leave a bruise.' Kelly laughs before walking away and Sam sits back down, her and Peter stay for another few hours before they head home.