Chapter 60

'Nate! How the fuck is he messed up in this?' Sam asks

'We don't know.' Butch replies. Sam and Shaylynn walks out and enter the interrogation room.

'Sam! I though you were on maternity leave!' Nate exclaims, shocked. 

'I was.' Sam replies as she sits opposite him and so does Shaylynn. Before they can continue, Elena, one of the CTTF agents walk in. 

'Director. Sorry.' Elena says. 'I didn't know you'd be taking the interview.' 

'Well I am.' Sam tells her. Elena then hands her a file. 'No-one else find out that he's here.' Elena nods and leaves. Sam then opens the file and sees financials and phone records. 'It says here that you've had multiple phone calls with Hinks and you have made multiple, large sums of money to an account in the UK, strangely enough, whilst I was being held captive there. To top it off, when I called you last, you told me that, as far as you're concerned, Alex isn't your brother; phone records, however, show that you called him the day before he was killed.' Sam says glaring at him. 'Care to explain?'

'I want my lawyer present.' Nate states. 

'Why would you pretend to be my friend to get at her? To be involved with a terrorist? To feel the thrill? So you could get away with it?' Shaylynn challenges. 

'It's her fault that my brother could never become an FBI agent. And that henchman of yours!' Nate says. Shaylynn goes to respond but Sam puts her hand up to stop her. 

'Your brother chose to rape me.' Sam tells him.

'He...he did what?' Nate asks. 'Sam, I didn't know!' 

'Cut the crap Nate! There is evidence that you knew!' Sam shouts as she takes a picture of the court case from the file. 'That... that is you!' She says pointing to a young Nate in the picture. 

'Fine! I wanted to get back at you! I wanted to get back at you for besmirching my dad's name! He was running for senator at the time, after 10 years if being successful in office. His poll votes were way up, then the case against Alexander was national headlines. The press was all over it.' Nate confesses. 

'I am well aware of that.' Sam snarls. 'Shaylynn, call Erin.' Shaylynn nods and walks out. As she does she bumps into Erin.

'Erin? What are you doing here?' Shaylynn asks.

'I called her.' Butch says as he walks out of the observation room. They then here shouting from the interrogation room so they run in. 

Sam has Nate pinned against the wall with blood coming from his nose. Butch goes to separate them but Erin and Shaylynn stop him. 'Don't you feel guilty?' Sam asks him.

'I don't need to feel guilty, but you do.' He laughs. 

'Why's that?' She questions.

'Attacking me on tape. That would make this interview and everything that I've said inadmissible in the court of law.' Nate smirks.

'Actually, I terminated the interview as soon as Shaylynn left the room because I knew what would have happened. This, this is not being recorded. As far as we're aware, you tripped and fell flat on your face.' Butch informs him.

'Nathaniel Rossetti, you are under arrest for conspiracy to commit acts of terror.' Sam says. 'I'm pretty sure you know your Miranda Rights.' They all then take him down to holding.

They all part and head home. 

By the time Sam gets home, it's one in the morning. When she walks in, Peter is on the couch. She takes her coat and shoes off and snuggles next to him. He notices that she looks bothered. 'Do you want to talk about it?' He asks.

'It was Nate. He's been conspiring with Hinks.' Sam sighs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~