Chapter 7

'We will make sure of that.' Jay says as he hands back the note. She puts it in an evidence bag and then in her pocket.

'No-one screws with a Voight.' Erin adds as her and Jay look around. 'I though you said Lilly told you she was attacked here.' Erin says.

'She was.' Sam replies confused. 'Why?'

'No blood. Doesn't look like there's been a struggle.' Erin tells her.

'Why would she lie?' Jay asks.

'She probally cleaned it up.' She then grabs a UV light from her pocket. 'Jay, can you close the blinds?' Jay nods, walks over to the window and closes the blinds. Sam then shines the light around the room. By her bed, light blue patches show up. 'There's a possibility it's not blood, we have to consider that personality.'

'Do you want us to speak to her?' Erin asks.

'Be my guest.' Sam smiles. Her phone then rings, she gets it out, looks at the caller ID, "Dad" and answers it. 'Special Agent Samantha Voight.'

'Sam, can you, Erin and Jay come back?' He asks.

'Yeah. We're on our way.' Sam says and puts the phone back. 'We need to head back.'

'Shouldn't we secure the scene?' Jay asks.

'No-ones coming in or out. I called campus security on our way here and they're outside now. I then called Platt and she has sent some patrol officers who will be here shortly. They'll secure the scene for us. It's not a priority.' Erin and Jay nod before they lock up and head back to the district.

Once they are back at the district, Sam heads straight into Hank's office and sits opposite him. 'I went to see Shaylynn yesterday. Kelly seems like a nice guy. I've only ever seen him in pictures.' Sam says.

'That he is. He cares for her a lot.' 'Hank smiles. 'What made you go see her besides the fact that she's your sister?'

'With her job in the organisation she can get any information on Hinks that we don't already know. I need to nail this guy dad. He's had this personal vendetta against me since Lilly became my informant.' Sam responds. She then gets the bag with the note in out of her pocket, and hands it to Hank. 'We found that at Lilly's dorm room.' Hank sighs and looks at her. 'I'm not coming off of the case. The only reason I'm working the case is because I know almost everything there is to know about him.'

'I'm not going to ask you to come off the case. That's for your boss to decide.' Hank tells her. 'How you holding up?'

'Better than I have been.' Sam sighs. She then notices a picture of her and Justin on his desk. 'I miss Justin.' She frowns with a tear in her eyes. Hank stands up and walks round to her. She stands up and they hug.

'I know you do kiddo. So do I.' He replies. The Father, daughter moment is interrupted by Ruzek knocking on the door. They pull away and look to him.

'Hi, sorry. There's a Special Agent Mark Jones downstairs.' He tells them.

'Erm... yeah that's my boss.' Sam nods.

'He's asking after you sarge.' Ruzek says. 'He says it's important.'

'I'll be right down.' Hank says and then Ruzek leaves.

'I'm going to keep trying to locate Hinks.' Sam says. She hugs Hank and he gives her a kiss on the forehead before they both walk out. Sam goes to her desk whilst Hank walks down the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't forget to keep reading Our City, Our Rules, One Chicago!