Chapter 39

Alvin takes Sam down to the morgue. When they arrive, they walk over to the M.E who is standing at a table with a body, covered, on. 'Are you sure it's him?' Sam asks him.

'Positive.' Olinsky nods. Sam nods at the M.E who moves the cloth down to reveal Alexander's face.

'How was he killed?' Sam asks. 

'Multiple GSWs the the abdomen and to the chest.' The M.E tells Sam. 

'I'm going to head back to the office. I'm taking Ava Cooper with me.' Sam says before walking away. She heads back up to intelligence, collects Ava and takes her to the FBI office to be put into holding. On their way up to holding, she steps into Counter Terrorism and tells them what's happened with Alexander and someone needs to tell Nate. Without Ava hearing, she tells the team to find out as much information as they can about her. She then takes Ava to holding. 'We'll be keeping you here until we find out what is really going on.'

'So you're charging me?' Ava questions.

'You're not getting away with it that easily.' Sam scowls. 'We are most definitely charging you.' Sam tells her and Ava rolls her eyes.

'I wasn't me that faked my death. It was my mom!' Ava exclaims as Sam pats her down and takes her phone, purse and keys out of her jacket pocket. 

'No, but you're what, 25? You should have come forward. Explained why your mom faked your death. Then maybe, the courts would have gone easy on you. Now, they most likely won't' 

'Martin was right.' Ava scoffs.

'What do you mean?' Sam questions folding her arms. 

'He told me to be careful around you. To hope that if I ever got into trouble and you were involved, to be weary.' 

'I'll ask you once more.' Sam says seriously. 'What. Do. You. Mean?' 

'He said that you're like a predator after it's prey. You don't stop until the pray is done with. In your case, prison.' Ava explains as Sam puts her in the holding cell. 'Just like you've been going after Martin for the past 4 years.' 

'He is a terrorist. It's my job.' Sam snarls before slamming the cell door, locking it and walking up to her office.

Sam spends the next few hours researching information on Ava and her mom. She also calls Nate to make sure he's alright. He knows about her and Peter and that she's pregnant. 

'Sam! Long time no speak!' Nate exclaims when he answers the phone.

'Yeah yeah. At least we've messaged each other.' 

'How's everything?

'Good. Listen, it should have been me to tell you about Alex.'

'No. It's fine. Honestly.'

'Are you going to come back?'

'No. As far as I'm concerned, he's not my brother.' He then hangs up. She then calls the M.E and tells her that no-one has claimed the body and despite her relationship with Nate and Alex being like a brother, she certainly isn't going to be claiming the body. 

After a few more hours of working, she decides it's time to head home. Just as she's about to leave, her secretary knocks and walks in with Casey. 'Matt. Hi. What can I do for you?' She asks.

'I need your help.' He tells her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you haven't already, go check out my instagram! See behind the scenes and I'm planning on doing some exclusive content that you can only find on there!