Chapter 70

~Morning~

Aubrey's POV ~

"What do you think Rae will think?" Kaden asked. We were laying down, his arms and legs over me pulling me close.

"Depends." I said.

"What does that mean?" He chuckled.

"I honestly don't know Kaden." I said as he grabbed my hand. "Is it weird?" I asked.

"Is what weird?" He asked back.

"That i'm in love with my best friends brother?" I asked turning and looking at him. He looked confused, almost hurt... I didn't mean to upset him.

"No because then it would be weird that i'm in love with my little sisters best friend." He said softy pressing my lips to mine.

"We've been together for almost two years." I smiled.

"I know, but we really need to get up and make breakfast now." He laughed.

"Ugh.... Fine." I huffed.

We got up and went out to the kitchen. I got out the eggs, bread, and bacon. While Kaden got out plates, pans, and everything else. As we were cooking i heard foot steps come down the hallway. I looked up and saw Dylan. He was only in his boxers... I screamed and he jumped. He ran into the bathroom.

"Sorry! I forgot you guys were up making breakfast! Rae is still sleeping!" He yelled from the bathroom.

"Its okay i'm just scarred for life now!" I laughed.

He quickly came back out and ran to the bedroom. After a couple minutes both him and Rae came out. Raelynn got Bella and sat in the living room to feed her. We finished making breakfast and everyone came to the table.

Raelynn's POV ~

"So can you tell us now?!" I squealed.

"Okay okay." She said. She looked at Kaden who grabbed her hand. "So as you know in September we will have been together for two years." She smiled. "So since i'm now graduated we are going to buy a little house together!" She smiled.

"WHAT?!" I said in a weird voice. A confused look crossed both Aubrey and Kaden's face.

"So is that an excited what? Or a mad what? Or a confused what?" Kaden asked with a laugh.

"I'm happy for you two! I just thought it was gonna be different news thats all." I said.

"Like what?" Kaden asked.

"Nothing, nothing." I laughed.

"Well i do have something else to share that Kaden doesn't know yet." Aubrey said nervously. Everyone looked at her waiting for an answer. "I'm pregnant..." She said.

"WHAT?!?!" Kaden said, his eyes practically falling out of his head. He fell off the chair onto the floor.

"Kaden!" Aubrey said. We all ran over and brought him to the couch. We shook him and he started to come out of his unconsciousness. "Kaden..." Aubrey said.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked confused.

"I'm sorry i was scared." She said. He pulled her into a hug. The apartment was silent. Kaden whispered something but i couldn't hear him. He wiped away her tears that fell down her cheeks. He pressed his lips to hers.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." She smiled.

"Well lets celebrate." Dylan said.

All day we just hung out. Talked about the whole Aubrey be preggers situation. Her first appointment was this week an she really wanted me to come. Dylan said it was fine if i went back to Jersey with them. I had to bring Bella with me. I felt bad leaving Dylan alone in Atlanta for a few days but he thought it was important for me to go with them.

~Next day~

I packed everything i needed for both Bella and I last night. Kaden flew home but, Aubrey came with me in the car. We talked and sang the whole way back to Jersey. I was excited for her. It's Monday now and her appointment is tomorrow.

Kaden got back before us since he flew. I missed not being with Dylan but it was important to be here for my "sister." ;)

"Are you excited?!? Do you know how far along you are?" I asked.

"Yes! And umm... I did some real thinking about it, i could be anywhere from 2 to 4ish months." Aubrey smiled. We were unpacking everything i brought.

"I'm really happy for you guys." I smiled.

"Thanks and thank you for coming back up here for me." She said.

"I wouldn't miss it for anything." I said giving her a hug. "You're my sister, you're more then my sister you're my best friend." I said.

"Same girl i don't know what i would do without you." She said.

"Alright well lets get to bed you have a big day tomorrow." I smiled.

"Yay! Night! Night my little Bella boo!" Aubrey said leaving the room.

I put Bella to bed. I got ready for bed myself and then laid down. I texted Dylan who was probably still working. The bed felt lonely and empty without Dylan. I can't remember the last time i slept in this bed alone without Dylan. To my surprise Dylan answered my test telling me he was still working and that he would call me in the morning. Aubrey's appointment was late morning.

~Next Day (Tuesday)~

"Hello?" I asked groggily as i answered the phone.

"Morning Raebug." Dylan said cheerfully. "Still sleeping?" He chuckled.

"Yeah what time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"About 7am." He said. "I'm with Posey on the way to work." He chuckled. "What time's Aubrey's appointment?" He asked

"11." I whined.

"Want me to let you go back to sleep?" He laughed.

"Yess..." I whined again.

"Haha okay, give Bella a kiss for me and tell everyone i said hi and let me know how her appointment goes." Dylan said.

"I will, love you Dyl." I said.

"Love you too bye!" He said.

I hung up and slept till 9! For once i got to sleep in. I got up showered, got Bella ready and did everything i had to. We left the house around 10:30. It was a fifteen minute drive.

Aubrey's POV ~

We got to the doctors and i was super nervous. We went in and i had to sign in fill out a bunch of paper work. I'm going to the same doctor that Raelynn went to. A lady came out and called me back. Both Rae and Kaden came with me. Raelynn of corse had brought my little Bellarina, get it?! I love giving her nicknames. The lady had me sit on the table and asked me questions.

"He'll be in in a few minutes." She smiled and left. I took a deep breath. Kaden was holding my hand. He bent over and kissed my forehead.

"I love you Aubrey." He whispered against my skin.

"I love you too Kaden." I smiled.

We sat and waited and finally the doctor came in. He was very nice and inviting like Rae had said. He asked how Bella, Dylan, and Rae was. Then he turned his attention to me.

"So do we know how far along you could possibly be?" He asked.

"Between 2 and 4 months." I said nervously.

"Alright lets take a look see now." He said putting on his gloves. "I'm going to put this gel on your stomach. It will be a bit cold at first." He said, i nodded.

He squirted the gel on. Which was cold like he had said. He moved the monitor screen over and picked up the scanner. Kaden held me hand firmly while standing next to me. The doctor moved the scanner around for what felt like forever. No expressions crossed his face. It worried me a little bit. The room filled with an awkward silence. He removed the scanner and excused himself for a moment.

"Kaden... Raelynn..." I said worriedly.

"Shh... Baby its fine he'll be right back." Kaden said wiping the tear from the corner of my eye.

The doctor came back in with a nurse/assistant or whatever her title was. Both of them looked at the screen. I looked at Kaden who gave me a reassuring smile. After a few more minutes he turned the scanner off. The nurse shook her head and left.

"I'm sorry to say that we can't find a heart beat..." He paused. "This is a semi common thing early on in a pregnancy. So don't go blaming yourself and saying what could you have done. We can see the baby was about 3 almost 4 months. I'm very sorry for your loss." He said.

I couldn't believe what i just heard. Was he being serious? I started to cry, Kaden leaned over and hugged me tight. I grabbed onto the back of his shirt tightly. Sobbing hysterically onto his shoulder. I heard Kaden start to cry too. He pulled himself together though. I'm guessing for me.

"There are a bunch of support groups if you would like any information you can ask Linda at the front desk and she will help you. I will leave you to have some privacy. Also support from your family will be very helpful in the healing process. Again i'm very sorry for your loss." The doctor said in a professionally sincere tone. With that he left. I continued to cry.

Raelynn's POV ~

No no no... Not my baby girl this shouldn't have happened to her. I put the carseat carrier Bella was sitting in from my lap onto the floor. I walked over and hugged Aubrey tight from the opposite side of Kaden. Aubrey was a mess, Kaden was trying to stay strong. He backed up and turned away to wipe his face.

"Aubrey look at me." I said calmly as i took her shaking hands in mine. "Open your eyes and look at me Aubs..." I said softly. She opened her eyes. "It's not your fault." I said. She just nodded.

"Rae... Thank you for being here, for being my rock. But can you do me a favor?" She asked through tears.

"You're my sister i wouldn't not be here." I chuckled softly at how crazy that sounded. "And sure anything." I said.

"Bring me home and let me cry." She sobbed. I nodded.

Kaden came over and wiped her face with a cool damn paper towel. She relaxed enough to walk to the car where she broke down a second time. The whole way home she sobbed and mumbled to herself. I sat in the back with Bella as Aubrey was in the front with Kaden. I texted Dylan saying it didn't go well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the hammock outside. I called Dylan but i guess he wasn't with his phone because he didn't answer. I started to cry... I felt horrible. Aubrey didn't do anything wrong. It's just not right. I heard the back door open and close, i looked up to see who it was. Kaden came walking over to me. He sat down next to me and sighed. I ran my hand through his hair.

"You okay?" I asked calmly rubbing his back.

"Yeah yeah i'm fine." I heard him sniffle.

"Kaden it's okay to cry." I said. He turned to me with tears in his eyes. I hugged him and he started to cry. "Its okay let it out, its okay." I whispered patting his back.

After a fews minutes he pulled away. He wiped his face with the back of his hands. I could see the hurt in his eyes. My phone started to ring it was Dylan. Kaden stood up.

"I'm gonna go for a walk." He said, i nodded and answered the phone.

~Phone Call~

"Hey." Dylan said.

"hi." I said sadly.

"What happened?" He asked, i heard a lot of noise in the background and then silence.

"Um... So we got there and she did all the paper work and everything. They brought her back to a room. Asked some more questions, the doctor came in asked about you and Bella then went to Aubrey. He was doing the ultrasound for a while. Then excused himself and came back with an assistant. Then scanned again and the assistant left. They... Umm..." I started the cry but pulled myself together. "they couldn't find a heart beat... She had a miscarriage. They said they could see the baby was about 3 or 4 months..." I said this time not holding my tears back anymore.

"Raebug... It's okay, Aubrey will be okay. How are they right now?" He asked.

"Not good... Kaden just went for a walk after sobbing for like 10 minutes. Aubrey's inside taking a nap, she was a mess earlier." I said fiddling my thumbs together. I had the phone pressed between my ear and my shoulder. I heard yelling in the background.

"Ugh... I gotta go baby but i'll call you when i can. Give everyone a hug for me tell Kaden if he needs me to call me later." Dylan said. I nodded as if he could see me.

"K love you bye..." I sighed.

With that along with yelling in the background he hung up. I decided to go for a run. My mom said she would watch Bella for me. I went to talk to Billy. He was a pretty good listener.

~Later that day (night time)~

"Can i go back to Atlanta with you?" Aubrey asked.

"Just you? Or you and Kaden?" I asked.

"Just me... Just for a little while, i need some time for myself and i'm really missing our girl time and i think it would help. If i stay here i feel like i'll be up Kaden's butt and won't ever start to feel better." Aubrey sighed.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" I paused. "It's alright with me and i know Dylan would be fine with it." I smiled softly.

"Yeah i talked about it with Kaden earlier, he said he'll just come down and visit cause i would already be down there." She said.

"Okay well then lets get you packing cause we gotta leave tomorrow." I said.

"Yay!" She said faintly.

We went to Aubrey's house and i helped her pack. Kaden came to and keep Bella occupied by playing with her. Once we finished we went out to eat. We talked about how long Aubrey would stay. We settled on playing it by ear and seeing how everything goes.

That night i called Dylan and explained everything to him. We were facetiming. It was pretty late but i still had Bella up to facetime with Dylan. Bella fell asleep on my lap.

"Hold on i'm gonna go put her in the pack and play." I whispered and Dylan nodded.

I put the phone down. Bella was sound asleep and didn't even flinch when i laid her down. I quickly but quietly ran back to the bed. Picking up the phone i laughed.

"Dylan." I whispered, nothing. He had fallen asleep i realized it was like 11:30. "Goodnight Dyl i love you." I said knowing he didn't hear me.

I hung and and plugged my phone in. I fell asleep with mixed emotions about the whole day.

~Next Day~

We got up and had breakfast. It was an emotional morning for everyone. It was the first time Aubrey and Kaden would be apart for a long period of time and such a big distance in living situations. Saying goodbye was probably the hardest part.

The ride home was quiet. Aubrey stared blankly out the window. Every now and then i would see her wipe her cheek. I could tell she was crying. She was very shaken up over the miscarriage, but i mean who wouldn't be? I turned on the radio quietly to full the void of the silence.

"Aubs?" I said softly.

"Huh?" She hummed.

"Wanna talk?" I asked.

"What about?" She asked.

"Anything you want." I said, she turned and looked at me.

"My emotions are everywhere." She said annoyed. "Like okay i took a test 2 weeks ago. I'm mad at myself for not saying anything sooner because maybe i could have gotten to the doctor earlier and have been able to experience being pregnant. But i was scared about being pregnant and was worried about if i would be able to handle being a teen mom, i mean i've seen everything you've been through Rae you're just so strong. I don't think i could ever be as strong as you. But on the other hand i'm kinda glad it happened the way it did because i didn't get fully hyped up and attached to the baby and then had lost it! Which makes me mad at myself for thinking that way." She grunted in frustration.

"Aubrey you're one of the strongest people I know. And i understand what you mean. Not becoming attached will make the healing process easier because you "didn't lose as much" as you could have because you didn't know. When the time is right you will get pregnant again and everything will be fine. Just don't doubt yourself or blame yourself for what happened." I said.

"You're right Rae... Thank you for letting me come stay with you i can already tell it will help me." She smiled softly.

"No problem, anything for a sister." I chuckled.

"How much longer?" She asked.

"4 hours..." I sighed.

"Ugh... I'm gonna nap." She laughed.

"Alright but i'm leaving the radio on." I said.

"Fine with me." She laughed.

She pushed the seat back so she was semi laying down. In a matter of minutes she was asleep. I hummed along to the music. After the long rest of the drive we finally got "home." Both Aubrey and Bella slept the whole way there, i laughed at the little sleeping beauties they are. It was early into the night so Dylan wasn't home yet. I let him know we were home and that i was going to go to bed.

After i fell asleep i heard movement in the room. I blinked open my eyes and saw Dylan. I shut them knowing i was fine. He slid into the bed next to me. Wrapping his arms tight around me he pressed his lips on my shoulder.

"I love you and am glad you're home." He said.

"Me too, love you." I smiled and fell asleep.

__________________________

Okay so it was a very bitter sweet chapter. It was actually hard to write to be honest. But it's for the best of the story! Also there will be a lot of skipping time because i need to get to certain months and stuff and theres only gonna be a few chapters left. Sorry it took so long to update but with my birthday being this week it was hard to find time to write. I hope you like it. I will start posting more often again soon! Love you guys! 💕 Krissy