Chapter 21

Raelynn's POV ~

I woke up to the sun shining through my window into my eyes. I rolled over and was expecting to be face to face with Dylan but he wasnt there. I got up out of my bed and threw a sweater shirt over my pj's because i was freezing and headed downstairs. Dylan was no where to be found. I was home all alone. This didnt bother me but i was confused as to where Dylan went. I went back up to my room and got my phone.

-Texts-

From Dylan ~
"You were still sleeping when Kaden called me this morning. I have his keys remember haha. Bringing him his keys and will be back with breakfast in 30 minutes. Love you. :)"
He really was just to adorable. I had totally forgot we ha my brothers keys, i was so frustrated last night i couldnt think straight.

To Dylan ~
"Haha okay! Love you tooo! ;)"
Then i went down stairs and turned on the T.V. and waited for everyone to get back.
About 15minutes passed and there was a knock at the door, i got up and answered it thinking Dylan was gonna be there. But it wasnt Dylan it was Kevin.
"Hey Kevin! Whats up?" I was totally confused.
"Hey! Can i ask you something?"
"Sure come on in. Dylan, Aubrey, and Kaden should be back in a couple minutes." He came in and we sat on the couch.
"So whats up?" I still didnt know why he just showed up at my house.
"Well i wanted your opinion on something."
"Okay."
"Well you know i havent dated since Tara dumped me last year, but i wanted to ask someone to winter formal but i dont want to ask if they're gonna say no. So i know you know this person pretty well so i wanted to know if you think i should."
"Well who is it?!?" I was excited. It was nice to know he trusted me this much to ask me.
"Actually its someone you havent talked to in a while....."
"WHOO?!?! Spit it out!" I really wanted to know. I felt bad for trying to hook him up with Maddie because i knew she was a total bitch but he was my only chance, he didnt know that but in my thoughts i saw this as repaying him or making it up to him.
"Lila....." He said quietly.
"LILA?!?" I shouted! He jumped
"Sorry didnt mean to make you jump." We laughed. Lila, he wanted to ask Lila. I hadnt talked to her in almost a year. She was one of my other best friends and Dylan and Aubrey, all of us were always together. But she started dating Pat and just stopped hanging out with us.... I was said because it was like i lost a sister. They broke up about 5 months ago, she looked at us around school all the time but never said anything to us. Its not like she made new best friends because shes always alone. I feel bad actually, i think she thinks we dont want to still be friends with her because she just stopped talking to us but i still would be if she asked. I guess i could take this chance to get one of my best friends back.
"Raelynn are you okay?" Kevin asked. I sat there quietly thinking longer then i realized.
"Sorry! Yeah im here haha. Well.... I havent talked to her in almost a year.... If i were you if you really wanted to i would ask her. Shes not dating anyone so that wont be a problem. Im gonna talk to her on Monday so if you want to wait. I dont know do what you want." I was all over the place with my answer.
"Raelynn... Im sorry i forgot i shouldnt have asked."
"No no. Its fine i miss her anyway and was thinking of talking to her because shes always alone and it makes me sad."
"Okay well i guess i'll get going. Thanks for the advice i'll text you and let you know if i ask her or not."
"Okay! Bye"
"Bye" he left and now i was sitting here thinking about how im going to confront one of my old best friends.
Everyone should have been back by now but they werent so i called Dylan.

Dylan's POV ~
I got stuck with a flat tire and had to wait for my dad to bring me a new one because i didnt have a spare. Kaden and Aubrey stayed with me so i wasnt alone waiting on the side of the road waiting for a tire. My phone rang and it was Raelynn. Shit i forgot she had got up and was waiting for us, she was probably worried.

-Phone Call-

"Dylan?"
"Hey Rae sorry i didnt call or text you when i said i would be back by now, but i got a flat tire and have to wait for my dad to bring me a tire. Kaden and Aubrey stayed so i wasnt alone." I heard her sigh a sigh of relief.
"Thank god! I was getting worried, at least your all okay. So when do you think you'll be back?"
"Im not sure my dad should be here so- (my dad pulled up just then) yup! There he is right now! Haha should be 5 or 10 minutes."
"Okay! And you'll never guess who just stopped by."
"Who?"
"Kevin. We'll talk about it when you get here."
"Okie dokie! Love ya."
"Love you too!"

-end of phone call-

"Thanks for coming dad."
"No problem Dylan, i told you that you needed a new spare."
"I know i know." We laughed and he helped me change the tire. It took about 5 minutes and the. We were back on our way. I texted Raelynn to let her know.

To Rae ~
"Be there in 5 minutes!"
From Rae ~
"Okay"

Raelynn's POV ~
I have no idea what im gonna say to Lila. I feel bad, shes always alone i just dont understand why she wouldnt still want to be friends with us. We were all so close and then she just stopped talking to us, i miss her and i know Aubrey misses her. Im not sure about Dylan he never brought it up. Then Dylan, Aubrey, and Kaden came in.
"Yay!" I yelled and ran up and hugged them.
"You okay Raelynn?" Aubrey asked.
"Im fine haha i was just bored here all alone, except for when Kevin stopped by to chat but he was here for like 10mins."
"Oh yeah didnt you want to talk about that? Just me or all of us?"
"Not to be rude but im gonna go shower because i cant remember half of last night and my pants and shirt are all wet and im not sure with what."
"Eeww! Go shower its fine! I just need Dylan and Aubrey to talk to anyway."
"Wow thanks love you too" Kaden said sarcastically
"Love you too!!" I laughed and he went upstairs to shower.
"So whats going on?" Dylan asked.
I explained about Kevin wanting to ask Lila to the formal and how i wanted to talk to her again.
"So your gonna talk to Lila again? How are you gonna do that? I miss her too you know that but what are you gonna say?"
"Aubrey! What is this 20 freaking questions? Gosh! (all of us laughed) and im not sure what im gonna say but shes always alone. She sits alone at lunch, she always post she has nothing to do. She doesnt really have anyone anymore since Pat dumped her and she stopped talking to us."
"Well she didnt have to stop talking to us, and she could of started again if she wanted to" Aubrey snapped.
"Relax girls, i understand both your points. I also miss her so what were you gonna say Rae?" Dylan finally butted in.
"Well she always looks at us in lunch and in the hallway. I think she was scared to start to talk to us again because she thought we were mad at her. Personally im upset, and mad but i would still be her friend. She was like a sister to me and i know to you to Aubrey. Dont you agree?"
"Yeah i guess." Aubrey pouted knowing i was right. Then Kaden came down and sat next to Aubrey.
"Okay so on Monday during lunch im gonna talk to her okay..."
"Alright" Aubrey agreed.
The rest of the day we all chilled in the living room watching t.v. Our mom brought us home pizza. We all fell asleep in the living room that night.
Sunday was a boring day just hanging out. Dylan an Aubrey went back the their homes in the morning so we were all with our families. I just lounged around in my pjs and watched tv all day. Tomorrow i was gonna try and become friends with one of my old best friends and wasnt sure how it was gonna go.