Chapter 10

Raelynn's POV ~
I was quietly standing on the stairs trying to listen to what Dylan and my mom were talking about. The only thing i heard was mom my. From what i heard im guessing Dylan was in shock because when he answered her he was really quiet. This is what she said that i heard
"Well, i think you should know about him.... And why its such a big deal." I was guessing she was talking about my dad. I really wanted to be the one to tell Dylan about him but also i never wanted to talk about it so i just let it go and let my mom tell him to save me from all the tears. I realized i was crying just of the thought of him, i went up to my room and cried in my pillow for a good 45 minutes until i fell asleep....

Lisa's POV ~
"Are you ready for a long sad story?" I questioned Dylan making sure he was okay with me telling him.
"Yes..."
With that i began the long story about my ex-husband and everything that happened.
"Okay. Well his name is Mike. I meet him at a party in my Junior year of highschool. He didnt got to my school, but needless to say we were highschool sweethearts. The couple that everyone knew would grow up and get married, have kids and live happily ever after.... 2 out of those 3 things happened. During our Senior year halfway thur the year i got pregnant with Kaden. When that happened everyone said its over. He will never be around anymore he wont want to take care of a kid. But he was different, he moved into my house and November 1st, of that year Kaden was born. We were both 19 when he was born and out of school. Mike was always there he never left me alone unless he knew i was okay with him going out without me..." I started to cry alittle but pulled it together again.
"Lisa. You dont have to finish if you dont want, i dont want to upset you." Dylan said in a sincere voice.
"No, no. Its okay. Anyway. So, that next May i got pregnant with Raelynn. We were still as happy as can be. So Kaden was just 1 for 2 months before Raelynn was born. That year before Kadens 2nd birthday we got married and moved into our own house, thats where we moved from. Mike kept the house. Everything was good until Raelynn was about 8 and Kaden was 9. They each had their own rooms. Raelynn became very sad, and depressed and you know her shes always upbeat and happy, so it was a weird change. I thought it was just a phase but it never went away. When she turned 10 i took her to therapy to see if it would help.... Thats when things went down hill..." I wiped my eyes and kept talking. "What i would do because i worked late was take a later lunch at work pick up Raelynn from school and bring her to therapy, go get lunch come back and bring her home then go back to work for the rest of the day...She had been going for over a year at this point so she was 11... But this one day was different, i remember it like it happened yesterday. I was on line at FoodTown getting my lunch when the therapist called me during what was supposed to be Raelynn's session. She said 'Mrs. Wright you need to come here now. Its very important.' I could hear Raelynn crying in the background. 'Im on my way.' I hung up put down my lunch ran to the car and got to the building as fast as i could. I was scared, i didnt know why she was depressed. In my mind i thought, does she want to kill herself? Does she want to run away? I didnt know until i got there and it was worse then anything i could ever imagine. I went in and saw Raelynn sitting in a different room crying, another therapist was with her trying to comfort her so her therapist could talk to me." I could tell Dylan was confused and already looked like he was gonna cry. "When i walked into the room where she usually had her session, the therapist asked me to take a seat so we could talk. 'Is my Daughter okay? Whats going on?' I questioned. 'Raelynn said in school today they went over a health unit. That you had to sign a form for.' 'Yes, it was the sexual edition form for the 6th graders video, why?' 'Well Raelynn said she say things in the video thats shes seen before.' To be honest i was shocked i didnt know what she meant. 'Well what did she tell you?' 'Mrs. Wright... She said Mike has been coming in her room at night 3 days a week since she was 8. He told her everything they did other dads did with there daughters. That it was love...' She cleared her throat and continued 'She said she told him it hurt but he said after awhile it wouldnt anymore... Raelynn said only the back not her front... Im sorry but your husband is raping your daughter. We need to help you handle this.' 'What?!?!? Wheres my daughter?' 'Shes in the other room we are trying to calm her down.' 'What do i do?' 'Well take her to a doctor see if, shes telling the truth about this only being happening to her behind and not her front. And get her a place to stay thats not home for now.' They brought her back in she apologized to me for not telling her she thought i would be mad.... Because she didnt really know what he was doing was wrong. Kaden knew but was told he couldnt say anything or else. I brought her to the doctors that bad they confirmed it was happening but not to the front thank god! I rented an apartment and the kids and i moved in until the divorce was final and then we moved here. The worst part was that it had happened that night before school that day. What i dont get is how i didnt know." I was crying like crazy Dylan reached over and grabbed my hand. "Ms. Bosco. I'm so sorry for what happened to Raelynn and your family" he was crying to " I promise i will never hurt your Daughter. Ever." "I know, thank you for being such a great friend to my daughter Dyl." "No problem its hard not to love her." We both smiled. "I think you should go be with Rae now. She really needs you. Thank you for listening."
"Okay and anytime. Thank you for trusting me to share that with me."
"Well your a special person you needed to know. Im going to bed now. Goodnight."

Dylan's POV ~
I cant believe what just happened, Raelynn the sweetest person i know treated so wrong by here own father. After Lisa went up to bed i sat there thinking for a few minutes before i went up to Raelynn's room. Im gonna tell Rae her mom told me tomorrow...

__________________________

please comment and vote! :)
~Kristina