Chapter 23

Dylan's POV ~

Raelynn was right, i did want her to know i had a present but, i didnt want to give it to her yet. When we were on the hammock and she asked me about it wanted to give it to her then but.... I really wanted to wait till friday. Friday is our 1 month anniversary together, cheesy i know but we've come along way in that 1 month with everything so i thought it would be a good idea. This gift was actually something i've had for awhile. Last year during spring cleaning i was helping my mom clean in the attic, we have a lot of my grandparents stuff in there from when they passed; my grandparents on my mom's side that is, my dads parents passed a couple years before i was born. We were really close and its still hard for my mom that their gone so we go through the stuff every spring to see what we really want/need to keep. We came across this on box of my grandmother's, it had some old jewelry in it. I was helping my mom go through it and this one ring caught my eye, i thought it was beautiful.

It had a green heart shaped stone in the center, the band came up into the shape of hands holding the heart stone.
-Flash Back-
"Beautiful isnt?" My mom said to me, she saw me staring at it.
"Yeah. We should definitely keep it"
"I remember it was a special ring to your grandmother, grandpa gave it to her as a christmas gift one year. She absolutely loved it..... Yeah know i think you should give it to Raelynn."
"Thats sweet. And ARE YOU CRAZY WOMAN? Give it to Raelynn? We're not going out that would just be weird, just because i like her doesnt mean anything."
"No im not crazy! You guys are best friends, you could give it as a christmas or birthday gift. I think she would like it"
"Mom no thats not happening shes gonna think im crazy" I handed the ring back to my mom.
"Here" she handed it back to me again.
"Keep it somewhere safe, i know sooner or later it will come in use for you for someone special"
"Okay thanks."
I brought it downstairs into my room and put it in a safe place. At the time i wasnt sure what i was ever gonna use it for.
-Flash Back Over-
To be honest after thinking about it after awhile i thought that maybe my mom had a good idea, give it to Rae as a christmas present as a friendship thing but i wasnt sure. When i asked Raelynn to be my girlfriend and she said yes i knew i was gonna use the ring for something special with her, weather it was christmas, birthday, or maybe even valentines day. But after everything that had happened with her dad and Maddie i thought i would use it as a promise ring to Rae, and since our 1 month was coming up i was gonna do it then.
To me the week seemed to pass by rather quickly. I know Raelynn didnt see it that way though, she keep telling me it felt like the longest week ever. I think its because we were just both really excited for Friday.
-Skipping to Friday-
Friday was finally here and it couldnt have been a nicer day! I wasnt to cold and the sun was out it was just awesome.

Raelynn's POV ~
FINALLY!! FRIDAY! I was soo happy it was Friday. Dylan and i decided not to go to school today since it was our 1 month anniversary. We never were out so one day didnt really matter. Last night he told me he was gonna get to my house around 8:30am, he told me to be almost ready to go but jot ready. Im not sure why but whatever.
I got up around 7 and ate some breakfast. Around 7:30 i got in the shower and was out around 8. Then i got a text from Dylan.

Texts-

From Dylan ~
"Hey! Be at your house in 30 mins :)"
To Dylan ~
"Okay babe, just come in when you get here i'll be in my room"
From Dylan ~
"Kk ;)"

I plugged my phone back in and went into my bathroom. I got changed into my outfit and started my hair. Nothing real fancy, i wore jeans with a pair of boots and a purple sweater with a scarf. I did a french braid across the top of my head like a head band, as i was braiding i heard foot steps coming into my room, i figured it was Dylan.
"Hey Dyl. I'll be out in a minute" no answer "Dylan?" Still nothing. I didnt braid my hair in front of the mirror because i got confused as to the direction i had to braid haha i know its weird but whatever, so i couldnt see behind me. All of a sudden i felt hands wrap around my waist from the back, I jumped and screamed.
"AHHHHHHH!!!" In a really squeaky voice.
"Gees Rae-Bug its just me" Dylan started laughing.
"Thats not funny Dylan you scared the shit out of me!" I huffed and kept braiding, i turned around to face him.
"You look gorgeous today" he said as he pecked my check.
"Thanks babe" i said to him as i blushed like the color of a firetruck.
I finished my braid and looked in the mirror to see if it got messed up when Dylan scared me since i jumped, it looked fine ahaha.
"Ready?"
"Not yet almost, im just gonna dry the rest of my hair" I blew dry the rest of my hair and was good to go.
"Im ready Dylan"
I walked out into my room to see his looking through the pictures on my wall. Im actually really glad he noticed because i was working on it last night, i had a collage on my wall since i moved in and every now and then i would add and arrange the pictures. I intentionally left an open spot in the middle.
"Why isnt there a picture there?"
"Because im saving that spot for a special picture." I came from behind him and wrapped my hands around his neck and leaned over his shoulder looking at the wall with him.
"And what special picture would that be?" He spun around in his spot so he was facing me. I got lost in his perfectly brown eyes.
"One from today"
I whispered as i got on my tip toes and kissed him, he kissed back.
"Ready to go?"
"Yuppers" I grabbed my cross body purse and we were good to go.

When we got in the car it was around 9 o'clock.
"So where are we gonna go today?" He told me he had the day planned out.
"Well, i shouldnt say its a surprise because you've been here before but im not gonna tell you. Haha" he laughed.
"Okay okay! Fine i'll be surprised!"
"Thank you" he smiled and reached over and interlocked his fingers with mine.
After a while of driving i knew where we were going and i was excited, he was taking me back to the park that he brought us to last week. The ride was pretty quiet, we had the radio on in the background and then we turned it up because "The Only Exception By - Paramore" came on so we turned it up since it was basically the song that brought us together. I hummed along, when it was over we turned it back down.
After an hour and a half we pulled into the parking lot. Dylan parked and turned the car off.
"Surprise!" We laughed.
"Here i have something for you." I reached into my bag and pulled out a gift bag and handed it to Dylan.
"So we're doing gifts now?" He asked
"You dont have to do yours now, but i want to" I smiled and he opened the bag, he smiled. I know my gift was super cheesy but it was from the heart so thats what counts.
"I know it cheesy.... But-" he cut me off, we were always doing that to each other haha.
"Rae, its perfect! Its not cheesy i love it!" He pulled it out of the bag. I loved crafts and stuff like that so thats why i made my gift.
I got a picture frame from Michael's Craft store and got my two favorite pictures of us. One from when i moved here and the one we took at homecoming. I decorated the frame it said
'Dylan & Raelynn' on the top.
'2009~2013~Forever' on the bottom.
"Its perfect Rae" he kissed me on one the cheek and then we got out of the car.
Its was about 10:30 when we got there so it was still to early for lunch i didnt even know what we were doing for lunch to be honest.

We walked around for a little bit, then sat on the swings and talked about everything. We just hung out together and enjoy being alone. Since it was a school day there wasnt many people so it was so peaceful. Around noon i started to get hungry.
"Dyl when are we gonna have lunch?"
"Your hungry? How about now?"
"Yes and okay. Aw i really didnt want to leave haha"
"Good thing we dont have to!"
"What?"
We walked back to the car and he opened the truck and there was a picnic basket and 2 blankets.
"Dylan!!!" I squeaked with excitement
"I thought you might like a picnic, lets go pick a place to set it up."
Dylan let me pick the spot where we were gonna set up our picnic. I picked in front of the playground area by the lake, it was my favorite part of the park. There was a bench next to the lake and thats where we first sat the first time we went together so thats by where i picked.

We set up the blanket and sat down on it and Dylan opened up the basket. He pulled out a thermos and 2 hot coco packets, and 2 cups. Then 2 sandwiches, and some snacks. He made the hot coco ad handed one to me.
"Dylan, this is the best day ever"
"Not yet" he said
"What!?!? Yes it is!" I laughed we played music off his phone. As we ate we sang along to the songs we liked. It was kinda like just hanging out like old times but for a really special reason. I didnt think the day could get any better but it did. We finished eating and we laid back on the blanket, we laid head to head and were looking up at the clouds, we had our hands stretched up holding hands, It gave me butterflies and made me so happy, Dylan made me so happy.
"Rae can you get me a water out of the basket?"
"Yupp"
I got up and went over to the basket as Dylan sat up. When i opened the basket the only thing in there was that gift box that he had at school on Monday.
"Dylan the only thing in here is that gift box"
"I know, bring it here" he smiled, i grabbed the box and sat back down next to him.
"Now you can find out whats in the box" he reached over and grabbed the box from my hand. He opened and there was a gorgeous ring with a green heart stone in the middle.
"Dylan! Its beautiful!"
He took it out of the box and put it on my finger.
"Its a promise ring, my promise to you is that nothing will ever come between us Raelynn no matter what. It will always be you and me, thats my promise" I felt the happy tears in my eyes, i rubbed them and then leaned over and hugged Dylan till he couldnt breathe haha. I sat next to him and pulled out my phone to take a picture with him
"Ready 1,2,3" *click* right as i took the picture Dylan went from smiling and kissed my check. It was honestly the cutest picture of us ever.
"Thats the picture thats gonna fill the space in my collage" i smiled.

We packed up our picnic and headed to the car. We decided to head back towards our houses and do something by us tonight. I fell asleep in the car on the way home like last time but i woke up before we got to my house.
"Why dont we stay at your house tonight?" I asked Dylan as we walked in the house.
"Whatever you want to do Rae-bug"
"Yay! Okay"

We went up stairs and i printed out the picture and put it on my wall and then packed a bag for the night. I brought my bag out to the car when Kaden and Aubrey pulled in.
"Where ya going?" Aubrey asked
"Im staying over Dylan's tonight"
"Oooo.... Haha dont have to much fun! And hows the day so far?"
"Shut up! And amazing look!!" I showed her the ring as we walked back in together. We all hung out for a little bit and then Dylan and i decided to go see a movie. It was around 5 and the movie started at 5:45 so we got candy from the store and then went to the movies. I guess the movie really started at 6 since theres all those stupid commercials and trailers and it was about a 2 hour movie (a/n - i have no clue what movies are out right now so pick one if you know whats out lol)

When the movie ended we went for pizza and ice cream. In all honesty it was the best day ever. Nothing could ruin it! I was so in love with Dylan and the fact that he loved me the same way just had me on cloud 9! We got back to his house and went up to his room for privacy.

__________________________

Honestly might be one of my favorite chapters i wrote so far! Haha love it
~Kristina