Chapter 42

Dylan's POV ~
"GET OFF HER!" I yelled as we ran towards Raelynn and her dad. He turned his head towards me, but he stayed where he was. I ran up and with all my force and i could pull together punched him right in the face. I hit him hard enough to knock him off the slide and Raelynn, but it hurt like hell since i had newly broken ribs, but i didnt care i needed to save my Raebug. Kaden came over and start to beat the crap out of this dad. I was okay with this at first but then i realized i needed to stop him. He beat him unconscious, thats when i stepped in.

"KADEN STOP! HES UNCONSCIOUS!" I yelled, Kaden looked so upset.

"I-i-i dont get why he did this t-" Kaden said as Aubrey cut him off.

"Um guys over here!" Aubrey yelled.

We ran over to see Raelynn, pretty much fully undress, unconscious on the slide. Kaden and Aubrey moved out of the way and i picked up her shorts and tshirt and put them back on her. I was crying, and so were Aubrey and Kaden. I sat on the slide holding Rae in my arms trying to get her to walk up.

"Rae.... Come on Rae, wake up, wake up." I repeated over and over shaking her lightly. "Wheres your mom?" I asked Kaden.

"I dont know she should be here soon."

I could tell Aubrey was very distraught seeing her bestfriend like this. None of us understand why he did this ever in the first place and why he did it again. What felt like 10 hours which in reality was like 10 minutes, finally Raelynn's mom pulled up followed by multiple cop cars. Rae's mom jumped out of the car and came running over to us, the cops followed.

"She needs an ambulance" Kaden said, no one had fully saw what happened but everyone knew what happened.

The cops paged an ambulance to the park and then came over to us. Mike was still unconscious on the ground and Raelynn still wasnt responding either. One of the cops started to question me since i was holding her.

"Can you tell me what happened here son?" The cop asked.

"I know but i dont know" i said, i was a mess and couldnt think straight. Rae's mom tapped the cops shoulder and pulled him to the side to explain.

The cops walked over to Mike who had his pants still down because we just knocked him out. Next the ambulance showed up. The EMTS came over with a stretcher and a oxygen tank. They took Raelynn out of my arms and placed her on the stretcher. The cops explained what they knew to the EMTS so far since both Rae and Mike were passed out.

"Was she dressed when you got here?" One of the EMTS asked me.

"No she wasnt, i put her shorts and tshirt back on..... I couldnt stand to see her like that. Will she be okay?" I said.

"Ok son, relax she will be fine."the EMT said.

They put an oxygen mask on Raelynn and Mike and then they started to wheel Raelynn to the ambulance. I had been holding her hand even though she was passed out. When we got to the ambulance they told me i couldnt go with her. That wasnt good work with me.

"Son, you need to get a different ride to the hospital. We need to get her there and a parent or guardian needs to come with us."

"But-" Lisa cut me off.

"I give him permission. He can go with you, i'll follow." Then she turned and looked at Kaden. "You and Aubrey come when you are ready okay?"

"Thank you Lisa." I said as i got in the ambulance.

"Okay mom" Kaden said.

The cops got Mike conscious and brought him in to the police station. To interrogate him and get his side of the story.

In the ambulance i was holding Raebugs hand and whispering everything would be okay. She still hadn't responded yet, i was getting worried because i didnt know why she had passed out in the first place. It felt like the ride was never gonna end until one of the EMTS started talking to me.

"Aren't you the kid who was in the ER earlier? The one who was beat with a bat and broke your ribs?"

"Yeah that was me, and Raelynn was the one who hit me. She was trying to protect herself from...."

"Her dad" one of them stated.

"Yeah, him."

The rest of the ride was quiet. When we got to the hospital i had to wait in the waiting room while they took Rae back to examine her. I dont know why she wasnt conscious yet, what did he do to her? How did they get to the park? Why was she alone with him? I mean i know she wanted to talk to him but i just dont get it. I was in the waiting, it was quiet because Lisa was in the hallway on the phone with Rae's aunt that was back at the house. About 30 minutes after Lisa and i being there Kaden and Aubrey showed up. It was about almost 4 in the morning.

A doctor came in the waiting room with a poker face on. This creeped me out because its not like Raelynn was in a life or death situation. At least that i knew of.

"People here for Raelynn Wright?" He stated, we all stood up.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She is still unconscious but is responding well. We did some tests to see if she had anything in her system, everything was clear so we still arent sure why she is unconscious, it could have been from terror, or even dehydration, or lack of oxygen if she was struggling but until shes awake and we can get her side of the story we're not sure. Also, we did a rape kit even though the cops said that he had used a condom but just to be safe we check. It must have broke because there was evidence so we did our proceeders and handed in the evidence. You make come see her now but like i said she is unconscious and on fluids so i warn you there will be tubes and wires" the doctor said.

"Okay thank you" Lisa said and we followed him to Rae's room.

When we got in Raelynn's room she was just laying there looking hopeless, this killed me. I started to blame myself. 'How could you let this happen to her Dylan? You promised her you would always be there for her.' I thought to myself. She had a breathing tube in her nose and an IV in her arm. I walked over and sat in the chair next to her bed. I held her hand and just looked at her laying there, hopeless. I felt a tear run down my cheek but i just left it there. Kaden came over and patted me on the back.

"It's not your fault, its no ones fault but my d-. But Mike's fault. He did this no one else. Dont blame your self for not being there. I know you made a promise to her that you would always be there and protect her but Dylan. Thats just not possible. You are always there for her and she knows it and you know what, you may not have been there to stop it before it happened but you saved her. You stopped him from doing anything else he could have done. So dont beat your self up because you werent there for her. Because you were." Kaden said

"Yeah i guess your right but still." I said.

"Dont but still me Dylan. If we hadnt found her and stopped him she could have been in a worse situation right now and you know it." Kaden said.

"Okay fine your right." I said.

Lisa's phone started to ring. "I'll be right back i need to take this. If you need me i'll be in the hallway." Lisa said, we all nodded.

"Well this is not how i expected to start summer..." Kaden said trying to lighten yup the mood we all laughed.

"Yeah tell me about it" I said.

"Why do you think shes unconscious?" Aubrey asked. She was really bothered by this and worried about Raelynn.

"Im not sure, i mean she was screaming so maybe between crying and trying to yell she didnt get enough oxygen and passed out." I said

"Do you think he hit her?" She asked.

"I-i dont know, i hope not but i guess it could be a possibility. She does have a fat lip." I said. It really bothered me to think that on top of raping his own daughter that he would hit her too.

I was holding Rae's hand and starting to fall asleep. Kaden was sitting in the chair in the corner lf the room with Aubrey asleep on his lap. Lisa was still in the hallway on the phone. I was trying to stay awake but i was failing. All of a sudden i felt Rae move her hand.

"Dylan? Is that you?" Rae said in a quiet voice while opening her eyes.

"Yes Raebug its me." I said, Kaden woke up Aubrey and they were both standing at the end of the bed now.

"Where am i?" Rae asked.

"In the hospital. Do you remember what happened?" Kaden said

"The last thing i remember was... I was at the park on the slide. And dad, he he he was umm you know and then i screamed and he yelled at me and slapped me. Then i heard Dylan's voice and i passed out. What time is it?" Raelynn said she started to get upset.

"Shh... Raebug its okay, dont think about. And its like 5 in the morning"

Kaden and Aubrey went to tell Lisa an the doctor that Raelynn was awake.

"My head is killing me" Rae said.

"Im sorry, im sorry i wasnt there to stop him." I said

"You did save me Dylan. Gods knows what could have happened, when i heard you yelling i knew that if i passed out i was gonna be okay." She smiled, i stood up and kissed her on the cheek.

"Im just glad your okay now"

"When can i go home?"

"Im not sure i think you need to stay over night but we'll see when the doctor comes in but dont worry if you need to stay i'll be here with you i promise." I said.

"Thanks Dyl. And you know what kept me strong and safe?"

"What?"

"This" she said as she smiled and pointed to the ring i gave her back in November.

"Im glad" i said as i kissed her hand.

The doctor came in followed by Lisa, Aubrey and Kaden. He asked us to leave so he could examine Raelynn and talked to her about what happened. We all waited in the hallway for about 15 minutes and then we could go back in.

"Well Ms. Wright, we will need to keep you at least until tomorrow but you should be fine. We can take the breathing tube out now since your conscious now but we need to leave the IV. We'll be back in for more testing and stuff tomorrow but try and get some sleep now." And then he left. Kaden and Aubrey went back to the house to get Rae and i some extra clothes and then they came back and stayed the night with me in the hospital with Raelynn. Lisa went home and had some phone calls and legal things she had to handle. Today was defiantly longer then any of us expected.

__________________________

Hope you like it! Please vote and comment because it means a lot!
Love ya guys! Xoxo Krissy