Personal Note

Hey guys, I have a couple things to address with you all.

1.) No, there will not be an alternate ending to Shy. Why? I'll list my reasons.

- I lost interest in this type of writing.
- I lost inspiration for this book.
- I'm super busy with school always.

2.) I'm really sorry about how the book ended. I literally don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the last couple chapters. I think I just wanted to end it so you guys would've be left hanging.

3.) So this is kinda my explanation for ditching Wattpad for years.

I started dating this guy. He was really great. We shared the same beliefs and morals. I was really happy for a while. Then he cheated on me. I let it slide and I stayed with him. So of course he cheated again, and again, and again.

He told me the cheating was my fault because I didn't show him enough affection. He faked serious medical problems so I would stay with him when I tried to break up with him. He threatened to blackmail me if I broke up with him. He told me I wouldn't find anybody better than him. He told me that cheating a couple times was okay because other than that, he was a "good boyfriend". He lied to his parents about me to make himself look better. He told me I wasn't pretty, skinny, smart, interesting, athletic, outgoing enough. He told me to change my college plans to accommodate to his. He told me I would never make it in the career I planned on going into. He criticized my weight constantly (I'm a whopping 120 lbs, seriously bro?)  He talked terribly about me to his friends behind my back. He faked having my beliefs and morals so I would date him.

Long story short, I finally ended up breaking up with him. He did, indeed, blackmail me afterwards. But it all ended up okay. We've been broken up for 4 months now. I've been in a long process of learning to love myself again. It's hard to build yourself up after letting someone tear you down for so long. No one knew about the things that went on in my relationship, because I went to every length to try to preserve his fake "good guy" act. But after a long time of thinking and growing, I've decided that I need to share my experience. It was terrible, something that I wouldn't want anyone to endure. I have never been more miserable in my life than I was in that relationship. But as always as it was, it ended up being very rewarding. I learned a lot.

I learned that I will never settle again. I will never allow someone to degrade me again. I will never lower my standards for someone else again. I will never allow someone to tell me what I can and can't do. I will never change my life plans for some guy. I will never think less of myself because of what a boy says. I will never overlook cheating, lying, manipulating, bullying, pressuring, or blackmailing again. I will never work to preserve someone's false identity. I will never again, in my life, allow myself to be unhappy out of fear.

If you are in a relationship like that, please take my advice: get out. There is no way to fix a toxic relationship. I don't care if they say they love you or they're your best friend or anything. If it's a friendship or a relationship and it's tearing you down instead of  building you up, get out of it. People are replaceable. A boy does not and will not ever define your worth. Please take my advice.

Thank you for being faithful readers. Much love to you all. :) xx couldntcareless