Chapter 29

*Marianne's Point of View*

"Louis, I swear to God-"

"I won't threaten him, Marianne." Louis cut me off and rolled his eyes.

Louis insisted on meeting Dylan before we go on another date. Honestly, I don't want to go on another date with him. He was the completely opposite of Liam. Wait, why am I comparing him to Liam?

When we wanted to pay for my popcorn and drink at the movies, I did the usual thing and disagreed. Every girl does that when the guy wants to pay for their stuff, right? Well, he agreed to let me pay.

For both of our things.

So that emptied my wallet out.

He commented throughout the entire movie that it was boring or stupid, earning several glares from other people. He burped during the movie. I was tempted to walk out of the theatre that instant. I refrained from doing it. Who would I call?

"Hey, Lou, you were right. I don't know this guy at all. Come get me."

Hah, no. He would never let me live that down. But it got worse.

We went out for frozen yogurt afterwards. It was one of the self serve places. After we got our frozen yogurt, he got his wallet out. The cashier told him the price. He didn't have enough money and I was broke from earlier, so we didn't get frozen yogurt.

On the ride home, he played metal music as loud as the volume would go. When I asked him to turn it down, he did. He proceeded to tell me his bloody life story in about ten minutes. I don't think he learned a thing about me the whole time, except the fact that I carry enough money for the movie theatre. I came home with a headache. Then Harry made me watch those stupid movies with them.

Don't even get me started on how embarrassing it was. I fell asleep on Liam. Then the next morning, I accidentally took my shirt off in front of him. I thought I had a shirt on under my sweater, I swear. Things have been awkward ever since then. I think I accidentally got his hopes up that night when I watched the movie on top of him. I should probably apologize, but I don't know how. It would be even more awkward then.

So back to the story, Louis wants to meet Dylan. We're going out to Nando's to eat. Dylan better bring some damn money. If he makes me pay, I'm just leaving.

I can't just tell him to fuck off or whatever. Then I'll get a million 'I told you so's from Louis. I'm not letting him predict my life for me.

"Mari, we're leaving." Harry told me. I snapped out of my daze and followed everybody out the door. We got in the van. I was between Liam and Harry. Eleanor and Perrie were with us too. They insist on meeting him too. "What's he like?" Harry asked.

"Uhm, he likes football." I told him. "He's got two little sisters. He works as a waiter."

"Not that." Harry shook his head. "His personality. What's he like?"

"He's nice." I shrugged.

"Funny?" Louis asked from the row behind us.

"Uh, not really." I replied honestly.

"Liam's funny." Louis mumbled. I heard somebody get hit. It was probably Eleanor hitting him. I rolled my eyes at my immature brother.

'From: Dylan Miller

Where are you I'm already here'

I groaned at the text. Another thing he is is impatient. He hates waiting. It's really annoying.

'To: Dylan Miller

We're almost there.'

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. What am I supposed to do? I can't pretend to like him forever. I really can't stand him. He's impatient and arrogant. Liam was anything but that. He was always perfect. He went that extra mile to make sure he treated me like a princess. He's so sweet and cares about everybody. Even though he's somewhat mad at me right now, he isn't rude or anything. He's perfect.

"Why are you staring at me?" Liam's quiet voice snapped me out of my daze.

"I-I was thinking. Sorry." I said, my face turning a shade of pink.

"I don't mind. I was just asking." He mumbled so only I could hear him. We were both staring down at our laps awkwardly. This should be an interesting dinner.

***

Dylan has pissed me off several times tonight. When he saw the boys, he immediately said "Hey, you're that band of faggots." That's when everybody started disliking him. Everything has gone downhill since then. Louis and Harry are interrogating him like he committed a crime.

"Are you going to uni?" Harry asked skeptically.

"Nah, school isn't my thing." Dylan shook his head. Louis scoffed.

"So you just wanna be a waiter forever?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, sure." Dylan shrugged. Louis mouthed something to Eleanor that I didn't catch.

"How old are you?" Louis asked him. I don't know the answer to that question, actually. I never asked. He looks eighteen.

"Twenty-four next month." Dylan answered. Liam started choking on his drink from beside me. I patted his back awkwardly, trying to help him.

"Bloody hell!" Louis exclaimed.

"Marianne!" Even Perrie scolded me.

"I didn't know!" I put my hands up in defense. How was I supposed to know he's basically 24? He looks seventeen!

"What the actual fuck?" Liam muttered. "Can I talk to you outside?" He asked me through clenched teeth.

"Uhm, I don't-"

"Please." He sighed in frustration.

"I'll be right back." I told everybody else at the table before getting up with Liam. I followed him out the door, a million thoughts racing through my head.

"Twenty-four, Marianne!" Liam exclaimed, making me flinch. "Twenty-four-years-old! Do you know what the hell that is? That's illegal! You're seventeen! What the fuck are you doing with a twenty-four year old?! You don't even know the damn guy!" He yelled.

"I know him!" I shot back angrily.

"What do you know about him?! His last name? Because apparently you didn't know his fucking age!" He yelled.

"Just leave me alone, Liam!" I said, tears threatening to fall. I've never been yelled at by him. This isn't normal.

"Oh, yeah! Go fucking crawling back to that pedophile!" He said angrily.

"Well, he doesn't scream at me and curse me out!" I spat back.

"You know what else he doesn't do?!" Liam exclaimed, taking a step closer to me. "This!" He said, crashing his lips against mine.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I still felt stupid fireworks.