Chapter 32

*Marianne's Point of View*

I woke up because Liam rolled over in bed. His alarm clock read 9:02 in the morning. I decided to get up and make breakfast. It's the least I can do after all the harm I've done to him.

I crawled out of the bed, careful not to wake him. I rummaged through his dresser until I found a pair of sweatpants. I got a t-shirt from his closet and went in the bathroom to change, since my clothes from last night weren't the most comfortable, especially after sleeping in them.

I looked like a wreck. My eye makeup was smeared from crying. I had bags under my eyes, since we were up late last night. My hair was sticking up in several places. I washed the makeup off and tied my hair up in a messy bun. Liam has already seen me at my worst. I don't even bother trying to impress him anymore. He still loves me the same, no matter what I look like. I don't really understand how, though.

I tied the drawstrings of my sweatpants tight. They were Liam's, so of course they were big on me. I went in the kitchen and surveyed his refrigerator. I decided that eggs and bacon would be fine. I closed his bedroom door, hoping that the frying bacon wouldn't wake him up.

While I was in the process of making breakfast, I heard his door open. I immediately became really self conscious. I look terrible right now. Maybe making breakfast will take his mind off of how I look.

"Good morning, love." Liam's voice said from behind me. "What're you cooking?" He inquired,

"Eggs and bacon." I replied. I had just finished the eggs, and the bacon has been done for a couple minutes. I put some of each onto two plates and handed one to Liam.

"Thanks." He said before eating some of his bacon. "You can come over and do this every day." He chuckled.

"Psh, I have things to do besides make you breakfast." I said sarcastically.

"Like what?" He chuckled.

"That's classified information. If I told you I'd have to kill you." I informed him.

"I think I need to go grocery shopping." He said, changing the subject. "Wanna come?"

"Sure." I agreed. "I need time to get ready, though."

"You look fine now." He shrugged.

"Liam, I don't have any makeup on and I'm wearing your clothes." I said flatly.

"You look good in my clothes, by the way." He told me. I think he was flirting with me, but I don't know.

"I look good in anything." I said back cockily, trying to play that event off casually as we ate. I hope he doesn't try to flirt with me a bunch. It'll make things way too awkward.

"Do you miss this?" He questioned.

"Miss what?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Just being able to talk and joke and laugh without any drama." He explained.

"Yeah," I answered honestly, "I do."

"Me too." He agreed. We finished our breakfast while talking and bantering like we used to do all the time.

"I need to go look decent. I'll be ready by ten thirty." I told him as I got my phone off the couch where I left it. Once I was in my own room, I checked my texts. I had a couple of them, as usual.

'From: Dylan Miller

Why did you go home with that guy'

'From: Dylan Miller

Where are you'

'From: Dylan Miller

Whatever. Dont answer. I dont care.'

I rolled my eyes. He's a dick. I have no clue what interested me in him. In the note he gave me, he seemed nice. Now he's the complete opposite. I couldn't imagine myself being in a relationship with a guy like that. I like guys who are nice and funny and don't take things to seriously, like Liam. He's all that and more. I could go on and on about how amazing he is, but I only have a couple minutes to get ready.

***

*Liam's Point of View*

It's been a little over a week since Marianne and I agreed to be friends. I don't know about her, but I'm the happiest that I've been for a while. She explained to Louis that she didn't know how old Dylan was and that she's done with him.

We were supposed to go get coffee this morning. I waited in the living room until 8:20, when we were supposed to leave at 8:00. Lou and Harry were still asleep. I knocked on Marianne's bedroom door, wondering what's taking her so long.

"What?" She asked tiredly from the other side of the door, not bothering to open it. I cautiously turned the knob and opened the door. She was laying in her bed, covered by the duvet and several other blankets. She looked pale and sick.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't feel good." She mumbled.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting at the foot of her bed.

"My head hurts. I threw up earlier. I think it's just a cold." She said back.

"Do you need some medicine?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She shook her head.

"We probably need to take your temperature." I said and went into her bathroom. I rummaged through the cupboard until I found a thermometer. She put in her mouth and waited a little while before it beeped. It read 102.2 degrees. (It's 102.2 Fahrenheit. 39 degrees Celsius)

Should we go to the doctor? That's a pretty high fever. But she probably just has a cold, or the flu at the worst.

"I don't need to go to the doctor." She said, realizing what I was thinking about. I sighed and sat at the foot of her bed again.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"Can you find me another blanket? I'm freezing." She replied hesitantly. I nodded and went in search of another blanket. She was using the ones that they kept in the linen closet. I went in Lou's room, figuring he had some.

"Liam?" He questioned after I opened the door. He was lying in bed while playing on his phone.

"Do you have any blankets?" I inquired. "Marianne's sick and cold."

"Sick?" Louis asked.

"I think it's just a cold." I assured him.

"Oh. Well, check the closet in the hallway for blankets." He advised.

"She already has all of those." I chuckled.

"That's all the extra blankets we have..." Louis trailed off. "I can go buy some more and get her medicine and soup." He decided, getting out of bed.

"Alright, I'll get her to hang in there while you're gone." I told him before leaving and going back to Mari's room. "Well, we don't have anymore extra blankets. Louis is going to get you some more blankets and soup and stuff." I explained to her.

"If I freeze to death it's his fault." She mumbled, burying herself deeper in the blankets.

***

*Marianne's Point of View*

Three days later and I'm not any better. Louis wants to take me to the doctor, but I won't go. It's just a cold, no need for a trip to the doctor.

I haven't eaten anything. I tried, but I threw up immediately after. Louis bothers me every ten minutes about eating, I swear. I'm not even hungry, though. It's like I've completely lost my appetite.

I got out of bed to check my temperature and glanced in the bathroom mirror. I had a lacy red rash going up my arm. Once I saw it, it immediately started itching. I refrained from scratching it, because I was too busy panicking. I noticed it on the other arm too. I rolled up my sweatpants and saw that it was on my thighs as well. I pulled the bottom of my tank top up and discovered the same rash on my stomach and back.

"What the hell?" I whispered. "Louis!" I exclaimed, freaking out. A couple seconds later he was in the doorway.

"What? What's wro-" He stopped his sentence short and looked at my arms. "When did that get there?" He asked.

"I don't know. It's all over me! What the hell is this?!" I avoided touching it, for fear that it might spread even more.

"I- Just lay back down. I'll call the doctor." He ordered before walking out of my room. It was really hot right now, so I threw the many blankets on a pile on the floor. I checked my temperature and saw that I had a fever. I grabbed my bottle of Ibuprofen pills and tried to open it. My fingers were swollen a little bit and hurt.

"Mari?" Liam stuck his head in my room. "How do you feel?"

"Not good." I muttered, extending my arm to show him the raised rash.

"When the hell did that happen?" He asked, taking my hand so he could look at it closer.

"I just saw it a minute ago." I said back. "Can you open this?" I asked, handing him the bottle of pills. I'm exhausted right now. I just want to get better. He opened it and gave me two tablets before closing it and putting it on my nightstand.

"Is the rash just on your arms?" He questioned.

I shook my head. "It's all over my arms, stomach, chest, back, and thighs. It itches. I have no clue what it is." I sighed. "I just wanna get better."

"I know, love." He said sympathetically. "I would trade places with you in a heartbeat if I could." He sat next to me on the bed and put his arm around me. I internally 'aww'd.

"You're gonna get sick." I advised.

"I'll be fine." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes. Stubborn.

"I talked to the- Oh, hey, Liam." Louis said as he came back into my room. "Anyways, I talked to the doctor. He thinks you have Fifth Disease."

"What the hell is that?" I asked, getting my phone so I could google it. I read the symptoms, and I have most of them. The rash was almost identical. "It says that since I have the rash, I'm not contagious anymore." I told them. "And it can last up to 30 days." I groaned.

"Yeah, but you should be fine in a couple days." Louis assured me, even though he has no clue what he's talking about.

"Can I go get a shot or something to make it go away?" I asked, desperate to get better.

"There isn't a cure. It's not really a disease. It's like a virus. But all we can do is wait it out." He explained. "But the doctor told me you need to wear 100% cotton clothes until you get better, because anything else would irritate your skin or something."

"Thank you, doctor Louis." I mumbled and got out of bed.

*************************************

Have any of you ever had Fifth disease? I had it for 13 days. It was terrible :( my feet got swollen and I could hardly walk on them. The rash was all over me. But now I'm immune to it :) xx