Chapter 14

*Liam's Point of View*

I nervously stared at Louis. He stared back at me. I blinked out of nervousness.

"So what made you think it was cool to use my sister as a rebound when you didn't have Danielle?" Louis spoke finally.

"I didn't use her as a rebound, Lou." I said quietly. Did I, though?

"Then what was she?" He questioned.

"It was an accident. She was talking about how she was bullied in school. I know that feeling. I just felt like there was something between us. Does that make any sense to you?" I asked him.

"No, not really." He shook his head.

"Ugh." I sighed. "I felt so bad for her. It was like I was reliving my days in school. She was just bringing herself down and saying bad things about herself. I couldn't just sit there and listen to it. For some reason, I kissed her. There. Happy?"

"No, Liam. I don't care about why you did not. I honestly don't. I just want to make sure it never happens again. Do you understand me? Never." He said firmly.

My heart stopped. Never?

But...

I like Marianne.

I like her a lot.

Never?

"Louis-"

"Never, Liam." He stated.

"But- Okay." I stopped arguing. He gave a satisfied sigh and leaned back in his seat. "Lou, what would you do if I did kiss her again?" I asked without thinking. Oh dang.

"It doesn't matter, because I won't let it happen. Understand? Good." He answered nonchalantly. "But, if it were to happen, you would regret it, Liam.

I'm not joking. She's been through a lot. I don't care who you are. I don't want you messing with her. You've already done that enough."

"Oh." I said, taking in his speech. I don't even get a chance with her.

"And I don't want this to affect things between any of us. You and Mari can still be friends, but I don't want you flirting with her or anything. She doesn't need all that, Liam." He finished.

"Yeah, I understand." I choked back, forcing myself not to cry. Why do I feel like this? I barely know her. I really like her, but I don't even get a chance with her. I hate this.

"You look upset." Louis stated. "Don't tell me you like her."

"I- I don't." I stammered nervously.

"Liam, I'm not an idiot. When you lie you stutter and bite your lip." He pointed out. I'm biting my lip? I didn't even realize it. "You seriously like her?" Louis sighed.

"Uh... Uhm..." I trailed off, not sure what I should say.

"Damn, I give you guys one rule. One bloody rule. Do not like my sister. Why can't you follow it?" He asked me.

"I'm sorry." I replied, but it sounded like a question. How am I supposed to reply to that?!

"You can't date her, Liam. She can't deal with that. She's already stressed enough." He shook his head.

"How do you know? Why don't you stop deciding things for her and let her have her own opinion?" I shot back. Whoa, where did that come from?

"Because I know my sister. She won't speak up if she had a different opinion. She just agrees with what everybody else says." He replied.