Chapter 8

Until the cart abruptly began moving. Liam pulled away quickly, his eyes wide with shock at his own actions.

"I- I-" He stuttered, not sure what to say.

"It was an accident. I understand." I said quietly, saving him the trouble.

"Uhm, yeah. An accident." He mumbled, trying to convince himself. "I'm so sorry. That was so disrespectful and rude of me. I shouldn't have done that. I don't even know why I did. I didn't mean anything."

That one kind've hurt. He doesn't know why he kissed me? It didn't mean anything? I'm not saying I have feelings for Liam or anything, but you don't kiss a girl and tell her it didn't mean anything.

"It's fine." I said softly, sliding to the opposite side of the cart. We were finally going back down to the exit, so we could get off of the Ferris wheel. The cart door opened and I got out first.

"Okay, lets split up in pairs. The couples together, obviously." Louis said.

"I'll take Marianne." Harry offered.

"Or she could go with Liam." Lou stated, obviously not liking me around Harry. But Liam just kissed me! Shouldn't he not want me around Liam? Well, I guess Lou didn't see that.

"I'll go with Harry. It's fine." I decided for myself. Louis sighed and agreed.

"And I'll go with Liam." Niall finished. We all split up into our pairs and went different directions (even though there's only one direction).

"So what happened with you and Liam?" Harry asked casually. I stopped walking and gawked at him. How did he know?! "You made it pretty obvious when you insisted on coming with me. Either something bad happened between you two, or you just really like me." He winked. I didn't know if I should tell him what happened.

"It's not important." I lied.

"Oh, come on. It has to be important. Nobody can be mad at Liam for an unimportant reason." Harry stated.

"You'll tell everybody." I whined.

"I won't. I pinky promise." He said.

"You're still gonna tell Louis!" I sighed in frustration.

"Whoa, it's so bad that I can't tell Lou? Now I definitely want to know." He said, suddenly way more interested. "And why is your makeup smeared?" He inquired. Oh gosh. That must have happened when I started crying.

"Well, Liam and I ended up on the Ferris wheel somehow. We ended up on the subject of getting bullied in high school. He was asking me a bunch of questions and I just got emotional." I said, leaving out the last part.

"So you're avoiding Liam because he asked you a question?" He raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed and shook my head.

"I don't know why or how, but for some reason he..." I trailed off, wishing I didn't even begin the sentence.

"He what?!"

"He kissed me! Gosh." I finished quickly.

"He... What?" Harry asked, wide eyed. "But he has Dani..."

Oh my gosh. I just remembered Danielle. She's gonna hate me even more.

"Did you kiss back?" Harry asked me. I shook my head. "Why did he stop?"

"The cart started moving. We got stuck at the top for a long time." I explained to him.

"Mari, you can't just keep that a secret from everybody. Liam has to tell Dani. He can't hide stuff from her." Harry advised.