Chapter 34

*Liam's Point of View*

Everybody was asleep except me, Lou, and Mari. Marianne was next to me, since she was cold and I offered to share my blanket with her.

"I'm tired." She and Louis complained in unison.

"Jinx! You can't talk until I say your name three times!" He exclaimed. She rolled her eyes.

"Go away. I'm tired." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. Louis lightly punched her in the arm, as a part of the game. She glared at him. "Stupid." She muttered. My arm was around the back of the seat before she even sat next to me. Once she sat beside me, it just gradually fell onto her shoulders. She was slightly leaning against me. I love being this close to her. I wish we could do this all the time. But of course, somebody always gets sick or Danielle comes and screws everything up.

Louis must have noticed how close we were, because he subtly winked at me before glancing down at her.

I saw how tired she was when her eyes started slowly closing. In a matter of seconds, she was asleep with her head on my shoulder. Louis was obviously exhausted too, because his head was leaned against the window and his eyes tried hard to stay open. It wasn't long before he was asleep also.

I decided that since I had nobody to talk to, I might as well sleep too. I rested my head on top of Marianne's, careful not to wake her. It took five minutes at the most for me to fall asleep.

***

"Wake up, happy couple." An Irish accent said as somebody poked me in the side. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Zayn and Niall trying to wake us up. I sat up straight and stretched a little. Mari was now awake too.

"Sleep good?" Zayn teased her. Her cheeks tinted pink.

"Leave the poor girl alone, mate." Niall scolded him. "Come on, you two. We're here." He said to us before they walked off. We got out of the car and stretched our legs for a moment before following them. I noticed a couple people with cameras snapping photos of us.

"Of course." I mumbled under my breath. The paparazzi follows us to a photo shoot. Can't they just wait a couple weeks until those pictures are released?!

"What's wrong?" Mari asked me.

"The paparazzi. They're just annoying." I shook my head. "You alright with walking passed them? I'm sure they have another entrance somewhere." I said nervously.

"It's fine." She assured me. We walked towards the paps, who crowded around the door. When we got close to them, I instinctively took Marianne's hand in mine. I didn't realize what I did until I had already done it. She didn't pull away, though.

Most of the questions they shot at us were asking if we were together.

I wish.

Unfortunately, we aren't. I can't change that at the moment. I guess I'm currently friendzoned. But it's not the bad friendzone. It's the "I'm-not-ready-for-a-boyfriend-but-you-would-be-my-first-choice" kind of friendzone.

"Marianne, you're ugly!" One man yelled, desperately trying to get a reaction from one of us. It didn't work. I knew he was just coming up with lies to provoke one of us. "You're a bitch and a slut!"

"Wanna say that again, prick?" I asked, finally snapping. I knocked his camera to the ground and of course, it shattered. He looked petrified and didn't say anything else. Everybody was silent and still. "That's what I thought." I muttered before taking hold of her hand again and going inside without anymore trouble.

"You didn't have to do that, Liam." Marianne said to me as we made our way to the dressing room.

"I wanted to." I replied simply.

"I meant, you shouldn't have." She stopped walking and stared at me flatly. "You've already beat the hell out of somebody for messing with me. You can't keep doing this. You're gonna get in trouble."

"I can do whatever I want, especially since I have a good reason." I snapped. I wasn't mad at her, but I was angry that she doesn't mind just listening to their rude and untruthful comments.

"This isn't a good reason. You need to stop before you get in serious trouble." She said firmly.

"I'm nineteen! Who's gonna stop me? My mum?" I scoffed.

"The fucking police. Did that ever occur to you?" She retorted.

"Marianne, I'm doing this because I hate the things they say about you." I tried to explain it to her.

"I know you do! But beating people up and breaking their cameras is not the way to handle it. All they want is a reaction from you so they can turn the situation into something it's not. Please just stop bothering with them, Liam." She lectured me.

"Whatever. Screw it." I muttered, walking away.

***

*Harry's Point of View*

"What's wrong with Liam and Marianne?" I asked Zayn quietly, since he knows just about everything.

"I don't know. They aren't speaking." He stated the obvious. I frowned. I hope they didn't get in a fight.

"Liam, I need your help with something." Louis said, obviously wondering the same thing as me. We were all in the living room. The TV was muted, so it had just been an awkward silence.

Liam and Louis went to Lou's bedroom so Louis could interrogate him, undoubtably. That gave us time to question Marianne.

"What's up with you and Liam?" Niall asked her first.

"Nothing." She lied.

"Bullshit." I chuckled. She rolled her eyes.

"We got in a fight." She sighed.

"About what, little one?" Zayn asked.

"Well, one of the paparazzi guys called me a bitch or something before the photo shoot. So naturally, Liam called him a prick and threw his camera on the ground. I kept telling him how he needs to stop getting so angry when they say that stuff. He just got mad at me and said 'screw it' before walking off." She explained.

"He broke the camera?" Niall aske

d in disbelief. She nodded.

"He does need to stop." Zayn agreed. "You can't just do that to everybody who says something mean."

"I tried to tell him." She sighed in frustration. "But he won't listen."

"If he won't listen to you, then he definitely won't listen to any of us." I said, frowning.

"I don't like when you two fight." Niall whined. "It makes me sad."

"Me too." Marianne agreed.

"I don't know what to tell you." Zayn said. "It's nobody's fault, really. It was just a disagreement between you two. Couples tend to disagree."

"We're aren't a couple, Zayn." Mari pointed out.

"Yet." I added with a smirk.

************************************

Ohkayy sorry it's been forever. I have an excuse tho.

You may or may not know this, but I'm a basketball player. Basketball is like my life. We have our first game Monday, October 28. So we had like just over a week to practice until our first game. Well, then the coach got fired. Nobody knows why. So right now, we don't have a basketball coach. I've been bending over backwards at practice trying to do my best and then I would stay after school to shoot at the gym and work out, then I'd go home and practice more at my house. So basically I've been determined to get better for the sake of our team and I'm exhausted most nights.

No telling when the next update is. Thanks for reading :))