Chapter 42

*Liam's Point of View*

I woke up to a loud banging sound. I quickly dressed and ran out of the guest room. The rest of the lads were standing in the hallway, just as confused as me.

"What is that?" Louis asked, walking toward the stairs. "It's coming from the kitchen."

"Where's Mari?" Harry wondered, following Louis.

I peaked into Marianne's room, but she wasn't there. "Marianne?" I called out to her, just to be sure. No answer. I followed the rest of the boys downstairs and we waited in the living room. The noise was definitely coming from the kitchen.

"I say we send in Niall." Louis proposed.

"Not me." Niall said, backing away.

"Wow, the one time Niall won't go in the kitchen." Zayn laughed.

"I got it." I said and cautiously entered. Marianne was lying on the floor, beating pots and pans together. "Um, Mari, what's up?"

"I have had enough of your bullshit, Liam Payne." She replied, setting her pots and pans to the side and getting off the floor.

"I'm sorry?" I said, very confused. The rest of the boys came in the kitchen when they heard the noise stop.

"Marianne, what the hell?" Louis asked.

"I've had enough of all of your bullshit." She answered. "So get out! Go away! All of you! Leave now!" She picked up a broom and started hitting us with it, so we listened. We left the house and noticed Louis's parents vehicles were gone. Marianne was home alone.

"Is she good to be home alone?" Niall asked Louis.

"Yeah, she'll be fine."

We went out and got breakfast without being spotted by any fans. It was nice to be under the radar.

"Hey, Louis, pull over. We've got a fire truck coming behind us." Harry told Louis as we were on our way home. Lou pulled over to let the fire engine pass and then we continued on our way.

A cloud of smoke could be seen in the distance as we neared the Tomlinson residence.

"I wonder what's on fire." Louis mumbled to himself. The smoke only got thicker once we entered his driveway. It was the darkest grey I had ever seen, almost black. "I can't see." Louis kept saying. "What is going on?"

We saw the lights of the fire truck once we got down the long driveway. Orange flames were rising from Louis's parents' home.

"Please keep away. This is serious." A fireman yelled at us.

"My sister is in there!" Louis screamed back, trying to get past him. He held Louis back.

"Son, it's too dangerous. We have men in there. We will get her." He promised. Louis collapsed on the ground in tears, calling Marianne's name.