Chapter 13

*Liam's Point of View*

I like Marianne. I don't like when Harry sits in the kitchen and flirts with her.

Yeah, that's why I stormed out. I could hear her laughing when they both went into the kitchen. He's in there wrapping her around his finger so he can break her heart. I'm not gonna let that happen.

I didn't do anything drastic when I left. I just went for a walk in the park. Everything I saw reminded me of her.

I barely know her. Why do I like her so much? Louis is going to murder me with his bare hands if he finds out. God, I hope Niall doesn't tell him.

Maybe I should tell Niall where I am. I texted him, saying I went for a walk to clear my head and I'll be back soon. I kicked the rocks that were on the sidewalk as I walked.

What should I say when I go back? Do I need to apologize? When should I go back? Will they be mad at me? Should I be mad at Harry? Do I need to confront him or let it go?

Maybe I should confront him. If I don't, he'll keep flirting with her. Then he'll break her heart. Louis definitely won't give me a chance with her after that. I think I should confront him.

What do I say? 'Will you please stop flirting with Marianne because I like her and you will only break her heart'? No, that's too obvious. It's not demanding either. I need to state it, not ask him politely.

*Harry's Point of View*

I heard the front door to the flat open. Who came inside? Marianne went to Niall's flat to help him make cookies. Louis is still asleep, trying to recover from being wasted last night. I'm the only one home and awake.

"Lou?" I asked as I came into the kitchen. I looked around but he wasn't in there. I scanned the living room and didn't see anybody. Maybe Marianne came back to get something and left right after.

I turned and walked down the hallway, deciding to go back to my room. Somebody slammed me against the wall with so much force that it shook the pictures hanging around me.

"L-Liam?" I stuttered in confusion. He grabbed the collar of my shirt, balling it up in his fist.

"What's going on with you and Marianne?" He growled.

"What? Nothing!" I exclaimed, confused as to why he thought that.

"Don't lie to me, Harry!" He yelled.

"I'm not lying!" I said back. That instant, his fist connected with my jaw. I came back strong, hitting him in nose. He stumbled back, with wide eyes.

"I-I'm sorry!" Liam exclaimed.

"What happened?" Louis asked, standing in the doorway with wide eyes.

"Uhm..." Liam trailed off.

"It was my fault. I started it. Go back to bed, Lou. We'll work it out." I assured him. Louis walked back into his room, locking the door behind him.

"I- Thanks." Liam said to me.

"Don't mention it." I muttered and went in my room, also locking the door behind me.

What the fuck was that about?! Nothing is going on with me and Marianne. He's lucky that I covered for him. Louis would have beat him. I don't like Mari and she doesn't like me. Why does he think we have something going on between us?

I caught a glance of my reflection in the mirror. The right side of my jaw was red, turning purple quickly. Liam might be nice, but he packs a hard punch.

We need to work things out. Louis, Liam, Marianne, and I all need to sit down and discuss this like adults. Well, everybody is an adult except Marianne. But she's as mature as an adult, so I guess I can call her one.