Chapter 19

*Liam's Point of View*

"So how was your date?" Louis asked Marianne and me.

"Good." We replied in unison. Her cheeks slightly turned red and she looked down at her hands.

"Louis, last night you asked Marianne how the date was. She said good. This morning you asked Liam. He said good. You don't need to ask them again. I'm like ninety seven percent positive that it went good. You can get off their case now." Harry ranted.

"It wasn't great?" Lou raised an eyebrow at Mari.

"Will somebody beat him up?" She sighed.

"I tried once. He messed up my hair when I tried. I'm not trying again." Zayn frowned.

"So what's on the agenda for today, besides beating Louis up?" Harry inquired.

"I'm spending the day with Eleanor, I think." Mari spoke up. "So count me out."

"Good. Now we can do manly stuff." Louis teased her.

"Like going shopping?" She shot back with a smirk.

"Oh, shut up." He rolled his eyes. "Hey, what did you do to your hair?" He question.

"I brushed it..." She trailed off in confusion.

"It's darker..." He mumbled, examining her hair.

"No, it's not." She disagreed. They proceeded to argue about her hair color. "It's the same color as yours."

Honestly, she could pull of any color hair. I think her natural brown hair looks great on her, though. I hope she never dyes it. Danielle always highlighted or straightened hers until it smelled like smoke. Marianne just leaves hers natural. She doesn't need to do anything to it. She's just naturally beautiful.

"Mate, if you're gonna daydream about Mari all day, at least try not to make it obvious." Zayn said, so only I could hear. Mari and Lou were still arguing over her hair.

"I-I'm not daydreaming about- Okay, maybe am. How can you tell?" I sighed.

"You're staring right at her, Liam." He chuckled.

"I can't help it. She's perfect." I mumbled, looking down at my hands. I realized they had stopped their argument.

"I'm gonna go see if El needs any help..." Marianne trailed off and left the room.

"Learn to speak quieter, Liam." Harry chuckled.

"Perfect?" Louis raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Aye, let the lad be, Lou. He's in love." Zayn stuck up for me, kinda.

"So when are you gonna ask her to be your girlfriend?" Harry inquired bluntly.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "We've only been on one date. I doubt she would say yes after just one date."

"But you're crazy about her and I'm pretty sure she's in love with you. Better hurry up before somebody else takes her, Liam." Harry advised before getting up to go do who-knows-what.

"I completely disagree." Louis said. "Don't listen to Harry. Take things slow. Don't jump into a relationship with her."

"I know." I nodded. "I won't."

"Harry always makes a move on the first date. That's probably why he's rushing you." Zayn spoke up. "I agree with Lou, though. Take it slow."

"I am, I am." I reassured them.

*Marianne's Point of View*

Of course. I just leave during an awkward moment. That's the best way to handle things. (Note the sarcasm.)

"I hate you so much." I said to Eleanor as I sat at the bar.

"Hey, I told you to stay in there!" She raised a spatula up, threatening to hit me.

"It got awkward. I couldn't stay." I shook my head.

"You can't be awkward around him. There's nothing to be nervous about. You both love each other." She sighed.

"Sorry, I'm just socially awkward." I shrugged. "Do you need any help cooking?"

"No, I'm just making them bacon in the microwave." She laughed. "I imagine they get sick of eating cereal every day."

"I know I do." I agreed. "We can't go in public without getting attacked by fans or paps. It's crazy."

"Do you miss living in Doncaster?" She inquired.

"A little." I nodded. "I miss being able to go out and do whatever I want without it being all over Twitter an hour later. But there's so much more excitement in London and it's beautiful here."

"Just wait until you and Liam start dating. Then it's gonna be absolute madness. Lou and I hardly ever go out on dates because of the paparazzi. We usually just go to one of our flats." Eleanor explained.

"Why does everybody assume we're gonna date?" I sighed.

"Because you are." She winked, taking the bacon out of the microwave since it was done. "I guess we should go now, since my plan to make you and Liam talk was an epic failure." She huffed. I followed her as she went into the living room and told the boys that breakfast was ready. "I'm taking Marianne for the day, Lou. Hope you don't mind." She added, just before walking out the door.

***

Eleanor, Perrie, and I had a great girls day. We went and got our nails done, had lunch at Olive Garden, and then went to her place and gossiped. She brought me home at like ten. I knocked on the door of Louis and Harry's flat. I really need a key. Oh well. The door immediately opened.

"Marianne Brooke Tomlinson, where the hell have you been?!" Louis exclaimed. "It's ten o'clock at night! You could have called?! I was worried sick! You could have gotten kidnapped!"

"Louis, I was with Eleanor and Perrie." I gave him a flat look. "I told you I'm spending the day with El."

"Yes, and the day," he emphasized day, "ends at seven, when it starts getting dark. After that, it's considered night. You could have mentioned that you were spending a portion of the night with them."

"Louis, let the poor girl inside." Harry said from behind him. "How many times have I told you to let her live a little bit? She was absolutely fine. She was with Eleanor and Perrie. Calm down hell down and go to bed."

Louis rolled his eyes and stomped out away, going to his room and locking the door.

"Thanks, Harry." I said as I stepped in the door. I noticed Liam, Zayn, Niall, and some girl in the living room.

"You must be Marianne!" She girl jumped up from her spot excitedly. "I'm Haleigh, Niall's girlfriend."

She was really pretty. She had thin, straight black hair that went just passed her shoulders and tan skin. Her eyes were a bright blue, just like Niall's. She was petite like me, but stood a tad taller. She had dimples when she smiled.

"Yeah, I'm Marianne. You can call me Mari if you want." I smiled back at her, wishing I had dimples too. I wonder if you can have plastic surgery and get dimples. Nah, that'd probably hurt too much. Plus, Lou wouldn't let me have surgery since he won't even let me hang out with his girlfriend at night.

"You're Liam's girlfriend, right?" She asked me.

"Uhm..." I bit my lip, my cheeks turning red. "No, just good friends." I shook my head.

"Oh, he talks about you a lot. I just guessed at it." She chuckled. I choked out a chuckle and surveyed the seats left in the living room. There were two open ones. One on the couch between Niall and Zayn. But that's where Haleigh was sitting. The only other one was on the love seat with Liam. Of course. Can my life get anymore cliché? Haleigh and I sat down. It was bit awkward sitting next to Liam after what just happened. Before I sat there, he had his arm draped around the back of the love seat. So it looked like he had his arm around me somewhat.

"How about a movie?" Harry suggested. Everybody agreed to that. "Hey, Mari, lets go make the popcorn."

"Haleigh probably thinks I'm some rebellious child who stays out late and argues with her brother all the time." I chuckled once we were alone in the kitchen.

"Yeah, because you're such a rebel." He scoffed. "Louis is just dramatic."

"I see." I agreed, putting a bag of popcorn in the microwave. "So when did Niall get a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Today." Harry replied. "You like her?"

"Yeah, she seems nice. Her personality is just like him." I nodded.

"Even she thought you and Liam were dating. He talks about you nonstop." Harry told me.

"I don't understand how he could talk about me so much. There isn't much to me." I laughed.

"Well, I can tell you one thing." Harry said. I could tell by his voice that he was smirking. I prepared myself for a perverted remark. "Your bum looks amazing in those leggings."

"You're terrible." I rolled my eyes, throwing a dishrag at his head.

"Hey, don't mess with the curls!" He said, fixing his hair.

"I'm truly sorry." I said sarcastically, taking a couple bowls of popcorn into the living room. Harry followed behind me.

"Pick a movie?" He inquired.

"Yeah, we're gonna watch The Pact." Zayn replied, selecting the movie on Netflix. I sighed internally. They just love making me suffer through horror movies.

"Okay, but last time I watched a scary movie I almost killed Liam with a baseball bat." I chuckled, sitting next to him on the love seat as casual as possible.

(That happened in chapter 4, if you don't remember.)

***

We were at the part in the movie where Annie was watching Judas through the hole in the wall and I was terrified. I hid my face in Liam's chest like every two seconds.

"Scared?" Liam asked with a small teasing smile.

"A bit." I replied sheepishly.

"I won't let him get you." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

************************************

AWWW HOW CUTE. Did you guys like this chapter? I didn't lol. You guys should really watch The Pact. It's a great movie :) How old do you guys think I am? If you guess right, I'll dedicate a chapter to you! xx couldntcareless