Chapter 26

*Harry's Point of View*

"Liam..." I trailed off, not really sure what to do. Eleanor rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. When he left her room, he looked emotionless. When he explained what happened, he burst into tears. I have no clue why Marianne just ended things with him. Sure, he kinda cheated on her. But it was unintentional and he'll never do it again. She knows that. Why the hell did she tell him she doesn't want to be with him anymore?!

"Harry, why the bloody hell did she do that?" Louis whispered the question I was asking myself.

"I have no clue!" I replied quietly. "I'm gonna talk to her later."

"I'm gonna go now." Louis mumbled, leaving the living room.

*Louis's Point of View*

"Marianne," I said, my voice not happy, as I opened her door. She was sitting on her bed with her knees pulled to her chest. "Why the hell-"

"I don't know." She cut me off.

"Yes, you do." I disagreed.

"I don't want a boyfriend, okay?" She sighed in frustration. "I never wanted one. I went out with Liam for the hell of it and he cheated on me. So why would I want to get back with him? Why would I want to get cheated on again?"

"Mari, it was an accident!" I exclaimed. "Danielle was all over him! He was shocked when she did it. It's not like he did anything on purpose!"

"He still kissed her! That's cheating, Louis." She replied, looking down.

"He didn't kiss her. She kissed him. You know he wouldn't cheat on you. He's in the living room crying- bawling because you broke up with him!" I said, trying to make her feel guilty.

"I just don't want to be hurt again, Louis!" She yelled, tears welling up in her eyes.

"You're being ridiculous!" I said back. "He wouldn't do that again!"

"Just go." She said, shaking her head. I huffed and walked out, slamming the door behind me.

"Lou, come with me." Eleanor said, stopping me in the hallway. She went into my room and I followed, clenching my fists. "You didn't handle that right."

"What was I supposed to do?" I sighed, leaning against the now closed door.

"You can't yell at her like that." She frowned. "She made her decision. You can't force her to change her mind. All you can do is accept her choice and support her no matter what she chooses."

"But she knows Liam wouldn't hurt her again, El. I finally gave them a chance and she won't take it. What was I supposed to do?" I asked.

She pursed her lips, trying to think of a reply. "We can't change her mind. If she and Liam are meant to be, then they'll eventually be together."

"What do I say to her?" I inquired. Eleanor has an answer to everything.

"Give her time, Lou. She'll talk to you when she's ready. Just let her be for a little while, okay?" Eleanor assured me.

"But what if she hates me, El? I was so mean to her. She hates me. I know it!" I groaned. "I tried to force her into that relationship again. I should have just listened to her. She hates me, Eleanor. I just know it. Gosh, what have I-"

"Louis, shut the hell up." El cut me off. "She doesn't hate you. She couldn't if she tried. You're impossible to hate. She's your sister. You'll fight, but you'll always be siblings in the end. You'll work it out. I promise."

"Thanks, El." I sighed. She kissed me on the cheek reassuringly.

"Talk to her again in a couple days." She told me. I nodded. "Don't yell, though. That won't get you anywhere."