Chapter 12

*Marianne's Point of View*

I'm ready for Louis to be home. These past two days have been hell. I have no clue where he is, and that's just adding on to my frustration. He won't text me back. I just need him go confirm that he's alright and sober.

I didn't tell Zayn and Niall about what happened with that waiter. Harry and Liam probably will, though. I don't even care anymore. I wish I learned that waiter's name. He was absolutely disgusting. Disgusting, perverted, arrogant, annoying, I have many more words to describe him.

Of course, I'm an idiot and I can't stand up for myself. If Liam and Harry didn't come to my rescue... I don't even know what would've happened. I don't want to know, either. Why did that guy choose me to bother? There were plenty of other people in that restaurant and he chooses to bother the one with social anxiety problems. I guess you can't really tell, just by looking at me. Big that still doesn't explain what encouraged him to do that. I don't wear provocative clothing. I don't draw attention to myself. I barely ever try why I do my makeup. I just wore it today so I don't look like I'm dead.

Well, at least now I know which restaurant to avoid at all costs.

Liam is like a complete different person now. Last night he was kissing me and saying that it meant nothing to him. Now he's standing up for me and being the normal Liam again. I think I like this Liam better. He worries so much, it's actually kind of cute. I don't understand how he can be nineteen-years-old and worry like he's forty. But I guess that's the real Liam. I would much rather have this Liam than the one that kissed me last night.

I decided to join everybody in the living room. I might as well attempt at being social, eh? I walked in and realized it was just Niall and Liam.

"So are we telling Louis about what happened earlier?" Liam asked.

"Uhm... I don't care." I shrugged. "Is it gonna make him mad at anybody?"

"The waiter." Liam chuckled.

"He'll probably be happier with Liam, knowing that he ran the guys away from you when Lou couldn't." Niall added.

"Did you tell Zayn about it?" I asked them. Obviously they told Niall.

"Uh, yeah." Liam said. "I hope you're not mad."

"It's fine." I shrugged. "They would've found out somehow or another." He sighed in relief.

*Liam's Point of View*

*20 Minutes Earlier*

"I think I need to go look for Louis." Harry said. He grabbed his car keys and left, telling us that he'll be back soon.

"I have a lunch date with Perrie. I probably need to go get ready." Zayn told us and also left. Then there were two: me and Niall.

"So," Niall said to me, "you got pretty mad at that guy."

"Harry did too." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but you're Liam. You don't get mad easily." He reminded me. "Do you maybe fancy Marianne a tiny bit?"

"Oh my gosh, fine. I do." I finally admitted. He grinned triumphantly. "Please don't tell anybody."

"I've got to set you two up." Niall said to himself.

"No!" I disagreed. "I want to do this on my own. If I think I really like her enough, I'm gonna tell Louis I like her and I'll tell him that I'm gonna ask her out on a date."

"Fine, but I'm gonna tell Lou how nice you've been to Mari and how you're such a great friend to her. Then maybe he'll think you're just perfect to her and let you date her." Niall told me.