Chapter 30

*Marianne's Point of View*

I sat there in shock. Now I know how Liam felt when Danielle kissed him: shocked. I was absolutely frozen. I couldn't think straight. When he pulled away, he tried to look me in the eye but I looked down at the ground.

"Mari..." He trailed off, obviously not sure what to say.

"Don't call me that." I snapped harshly. I could tell he was looking at me with confused eyes.

"But I always call you that..." He said.

"Well, don't do it anymore." I crossed my arms. My emotions were all over the place. I want to hug him and slap him and start bawling all at the same time.

"Why?" He asked cautiously.

"Because, Liam," I sighed, "you just drag me out here to yell me and then you kiss me right after? How do you think I'm gonna feel?"

"You... You didn't feel anything?" He questioned with wide eyes.

I avoided answering his question. "All of you act like you're my bloody parents. Well, you aren't. You can't choose who I fucking date or where I go or who I hang out with. I have absolutely no clue why you think you can!"

"Listen to yourself, Marianne." He tilted my head upwards, forcing me to look him in the eye. "You just want to date this guy to prove a point to Louis."

"No, I don't." I lied. "I like him."

"You've hardly spoken to him with whole time." He said, giving me a flat look. "You aren't fooling anybody."

"Shut the hell up. You don't know what you're talking about, Liam." I snapped.

"Look, why don't we call Paul to come get you and me? Then we can go home and talk, not in a parking lot with everybody staring at us." He suggested, trying to keep calm.

"I don't want to go anywhere with you." I said firmly. We aren't on good terms, at all. Why would I want to be anywhere alone with him?

"Do you want to handle this in public where the paparazzi knows our business, or in private?" He asked coldly.

"There's nothing to handle." I gritted my teeth. "I'm happy with Darren and you can't accept that."

"His name is Dylan." Liam frowned. Oh shit. Did I really just say Darren? What do I do now?

"I'm sorry. I'm not perfect like you. I forget stuff sometimes." I replied angrily.

"You forget the guy you're happy with's name?" He scoffed. "You never forgot my name."

"Dick." I muttered before turning and walking back to the entrance. He grabbed my arm before I could go inside. I tried to put myself out of his grip, but he wouldn't let go. He wasn't holding tight enough that it would cause a mark, but so tight that I couldn't go anywhere.

"I'm sorry, Mari." He said. I glared at him for calling me that. It didn't phase him. "I know you're mad at me. But please come home with me so we don't create a scene in public or in front of everybody else." He sighed.

"Just leave me alone and we won't cause a scene." I frowned, letting my arm hang limp in his grip since there was no way I was getting away.

"I can't leave you alone until you listen to me, dammit." He muttered the last word. He doesn't like cursing, especially in front of me. I don't know why, though. He acts like I've never heard swear words or something.

"Please just go." I sighed.

"Come home with me." He said.

"No." I shook my head.