Chapter 16

*2 Weeks Later*

*Marianne's Point of View*

So I've been here a little over two weeks. Everybody's back to being friends. Louis sometimes gets annoyed when Liam and I coincidentally end up beside each other in the car or something. It's the little things that bother him the most.

Liam doesn't flirt with me like I expected him to. Don't guys do that when they like you? He's told me I look pretty a couple times but that's all. I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't even like me anymore. Hell, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. Ever since I freaked out and had to take my medicine that night, I've been back to my old self.

Quiet.

Shy.

Depressed.

Everybody hates it, especially Harry. He always tries to include me in conversations. I don't ever say much. He'll eventually quit trying. I like listening and thinking more than talking, though. So I'm cool with it.

"I'm hungry." Harry whined.

"Me too." Louis chimed in.

"I cooked last night." Harry said.

"But that's not fair. Nobody else can cook." Lou complained.

"I can." I spoke up for the first time in days.

"What can you cook?" Harry inquired.

"What do you want?" I answered his question with another question.

"Pasta?" He suggested.

"I can work with that." I laughed and went into the kitchen. I surveyed the pantry and decided on chicken Alfredo.

In the process of cooking it, Liam came into the kitchen. "Hey, I didn't know you were in here." He said, sitting at the island. Oh gosh. What do I say back? What if I screw this up? He won't like me anymore! I've never really had a guy like me. How do I act?! This is the first time I've been alone with him since he told me!

"Uh, yep, I'm in here." I said awkwardly, stirring my boiling pasta.

"What're you cooking?" He inquired. "It smells good."

"Chicken Alfredo." I answered.

"Do you like cooking?" Liam questioned. I nodded. "My sister went to a culinary school after she graduated."

"My brother didn't go to any school after he graduated." I laughed.

"Hey, I was a high school dropout. That's not much better." Liam chuckled.

"I graduated four months before my class did." I said proudly.

"How'd you manage that?" He cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"I took extra classes and stuff during the summer and after school." I explained. It got quiet.

Liam nervously gulped and then spoke again. "So... Will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" He asked to my surprise

"Uhm, wow." I said, clearly in shock. "That was unexpected." I chuckled. "But, uh, yeah, I'd love to."

His worried expression soon turned into a wide smile.

"Does Louis know?" I inquired. He nodded. I sighed in relief. "And he's alright with it?" I questioned and stirred my pasta.

"After some convincing he was." Liam chuckled.

"Will you tell the other guys that it's done?" I asked him. He agreed and went to do that. I leaned against the counter and sighed. Holy fuck!

I'm going on a date with Liam!