Chapter 17

*Marianne's Point of View*

"And that's Starbucks. And there's another Starbucks. And there's one more just two blocks away." Liam laughed. He was showing me around London. We ate dinner at a little cafe and decided to walk around the city.

"Well, I guess you can never have too much coffee." I chuckled.

"Yeah, we have tons of hipsters and they all drink Starbucks, so we have to keep them happy." Liam replied. I had to turn my phone off earlier because Louis wouldn't stop texting me. He'll probably murder me when I get back for not answering, but whatever.

"Oh no..." Liam mumbled, looking up at the sky.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"It looks like it's gonna rain." Just as the sentence left his mouth, a drop of rain landed on me. Then it started flooding. The rain was cold and loud. "Follow me!" He said over the rain and grabbed my hand. We took off running, splashing other people around us when we accidentally stepped in puddles. He finally found an awning that wasn't occupied by people without umbrellas and we stopped under it.

"That was fun." I laughed, pushing my soaking wet hair out of my face.

"Sorry about that." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Maybe I should check the weather next time." He added. Next time? There's gonna be a next time? A smile spread across my face. I have a feeling he didn't know why I was smiling but he did too. "You know you're adorable, right?" He caught me off guard.

"I try." I laughed.

"And you're definitely more adorable than Louis." He chuckled.

"Aw, I thought Lilo was real." I teased him.

"I thought you weren't a Directioner?" He smirked.

"I have a tumblr so I occasionally see stuff about your bromances, thank you very much." I replied. He laughed. "I think Narry is my favorite."

"What about Mariam?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Mariam?" I asked in confusion.

"You and me." He laughed.

"Oh." I finally understood. "I think that's my second favorite." The rain started to let up a bit.

"The flat isn't too far from here. Maybe we can get there without getting soaked again." He chuckled. It was just sprinkling now.

We walked in the light rain until we saw a man with a guitar. He was playing a strangely familiar slow song.

"Dance with me?" Liam asked, as he stopped on the sidewalk. I smiled and nodded. He snaked his arms around my waist. I placed my arms around his neck. I rested my head on his chest. To my surprise, he started singing.

"We'll do it all

Everything

On our own

We don't need

Anything

Or anyone."

"If I lay here

If I just lay here

Will you lie with me

And just forget the world?"

I finally recognized the song as Chasing Cars. They performed it on the X-Factor. It was my favorite performance by them.

"I don't quite know

How to say

How I feel

Those three words