Chapter 27

"Mum? Dad? Why are you here?"

When I heard that, I knew drama was about to start.

"Marianne didn't tell you?" I heard mum inquire as I eavesdropped from my room.

"That you're coming to visit?" Louis questioned.

"Uhm, Louis..." Dad trailed off.

"What is it?" My obviously confused brother asked.

"Maybe you should go talk to Marianne." Mum suggested. Oh, thanks Mum. Let me deal with this alone. A couple seconds later, my door burst open. Louis came in and shut it behind him.

"Why is all your stuff..." He trailed off, staring at my suitcases and cardboard boxes strewn around the bare room. "No, you aren't leaving." He shook his head.

"Louis," I sighed, "it's for the best."

"No, it isn't." He shook his head and began unpacking a box.

"Just stop." I grabbed his wrist. "I'm moving out. You can't change my mind."

"But... But why?" He looked hurt. I dropped his wrist and ran my hands through my hair.

"It's just too much drama living with you. Everything with Liam and Danielle and the paparazzi and your fans... It's too much for me. I just want things to be normal." I explained poorly.

"I understand you want things to be normal, but it just can't happen." He shook his head. "You're my little sister, Mari. The public won't ever leave you alone. Moving back to Doncaster won't help."

"But I'll be away from you." I said. His mouth was slightly opened. I could tell my words stabbed him in the heart. "No, Lou, not like that. I just want to be away from all the drama that comes with living with you."

"No, I completely understand. I failed. I wanted to help you get over Social Anxiety. I failed. You want to move out. It's fine. Move back in with Mum and Dad. You'll be right back where you started." He scoffed.

"I'm sick of this too." I sighed. "We fight too much. I think we're still too young to live together without parents."

"Marianne, please don't leave." He turned to begging. "I don't want to be a failure. I don't want to fail you. Just stay, please."

"I came, Louis." I shook my head.

*Liam's Point of View*

I numbly walked to the door and opened it. Somebody was impatiently knocked on the other side. I was greeted by... Louis and Marianne's dad?

"Liam, we need to have a talk." He said sternly. My heart dropped. I nervously opened the door wider. He came inside and sat at the kitchen table. I sat across from him. "What happened with my daughter?"

"I screwed up." I mumbled, holding my head in my hands.

"Well, unless we fix things, she's moving back to Doncaster." He told me.

"What?" I asked with wide eyes. "When?"

"Today." He replied. I stared at him in disbelief. "So explain what happened." I sighed and told him the story of how I accidentally cheated on Marianne.

I held my head in my hands, just imagining what happens next. I broke down in tears of fear and frustration. What the hell am I supposed to do if she leaves? I definitely won't have a shot with her then.

"Boy, are you crying?" Her dad asked me. I sat up straight and nodded. "I'll give you two choices. She can either move back to Doncaster and you forget about her forever, or I let her live here until I get another phone call of my little girl crying."