Chapter 40

*Liam's Point of View*

I loved spending the day with Marianne. We would spend about twenty minutes together and then I would go record for about five minutes, then we'd do the same thing again. It was nice just hanging out in the studio with her. We got into a heated game of twenty questions.

"What size shoe are you?"

"Ten. You?" I replied.

"Dial it down Bigfoot." She rolled her eyes teasingly. "I'm a six. Have you ever plucked your eyebrows?"

"No...? Who even plucks their eyebrows?" I questioned.

"Me and every other girl in the world." She replied. "Favorite color?" She asked the oh-so-cliche question.

"Hm... Orange." I replied. "Favorite singer?"

"Well, there is this guy from One Direction." She teased me.

"Is that so? What's his name?" I chuckled, knowing what she would say next.

"Harry Styles." She answered nonchalantly. Well, that was unexpected.

"Take that, Payne!" Harry exclaimed from across the room.

"Oh, okay." I said awkwardly.

"I'm kidding." She laughed. "I like Adam Levine. He's much better looking than Harry."

"No, I must've misheard you. You didn't just say that someone was more attractive then me, did you?" Harry asked her.

"You heard me right." Mari laughed.

"Take that back or you'll regret it." He said in a menacing tone. Niall was rolling on the floor laughing, as usual. Louis was recording, so he wasn't here to see this. Zayn was down the hall, probably kicking the vending machine that always takes his money. I was just kinda staring, waiting for Marianne to make the next move.

"Fine. You're very pretty, Harry. Happy?" She asked.

"No, I'm not pretty. I'm not a girl." He crossed his arms.

"What about the time you put on the red dress and-"

"No, don't say it!" He cut her off, his face turning red.

"And you said you were my mother and your name was Harriet." She finished.

"Marianne," he whined, "I thought we were friends."

"We aren't." She chuckled, shaking her head.

"The damned thing took my money again." Zayn said upon entering the room. "Every bloody time." He muttered, crossing his arms stubbornly.

"How's Perrie? I haven't seen her in a while." Marianne asked him. His mood changed at the mention of his girlfriend's name.

"She's great. She's doing a little tour for a month or so in the UK, but she comes back in two weeks." He replied with a goofy grin. He looked completely in love when he spoke about her. I wonder if Marianne looks like that when she talks about me. Does she talk about me? I bet she does. I bet she tells Eleanor everything. I could probably find out a lot from El, if I can convince her not to tell Marianne that I asked.

"Everybody up for a lunch break?" Louis asked, walking out of the recording booth. We all agreed. We had nothing to eat this morning and nobody trusts the vending machine, because it always takes Zayn's money.

I stood up from the floor and held out my hand to help Mari up. I couldn't deny the feeling I got when her hand touched mine. It felt like I was being electrocuted, but then again it felt good. I can't describe it.