Chapter 43

*Louis's Point of View*

"I could have stopped her."

"No you couldn't have, Louis."

"I should have stayed home."

"She would've done it another way."

"This is my fault."

"No, it isn't."

"I failed her."

"No you didn't."

*Zayn's Point of View*

How do you fix this kind of hurt? There aren't any words you can say that ease this pain. Sending condolences, thoughts, prayers, good vibes has no effect. There is no healing for this. There's plenty of bandaids, of course. Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs. But in the end, it still hurts. It always will. Poor Louis.

*Niall's Point of View*

I'm so confused. How? Why? Again, how? How could someone do that to their self? Why would someone do that to their self? I know she had things kind've hard, but I had no clue it was that bad for her. It's insane to think about. I don't want to think about it. It scares me. We were physically so close to her, but mentally so far away. No one saw this coming.

*Harry's Point of View*

I won't be able to look at things the same anymore. Starbucks? I think of her and our Starbucks dates. Colored pencils? Her drawings. They were beautiful. Louis? I think of her. They've always looked alike, but now Louis's eyes hold the same sadness as hers did. Now when I see a match, a pair of handcuffs, or a stove my heart will ache with the painful reminder of the friend I lost.

*Liam's Point of View*

No letter.
No sign.
No explanation.
No reason.
No foreshadowing.
Nothing.

Why?

I loved her.

Why, Marianne?

My heart will never know love again.

I loved her.