Chapter 21

*Marianne's Point of View*

'@marianne_brooke: Late night Starbucks run with this loser :)) @harry_styles'

I attached a picture of Harry and I. We patiently waited a couple minutes and the paparazzi finally showed up.

What's going on, you might ask.

Well, Liam and I went on our date. While we were walking home, Zayn called. Eleanor got sick while Louis was over. So Lou brought her back to our flat to take care of her. Zayn covered for me and said I was getting coffee with Harry. Louis was skeptical, so Harry and I are really going out to get coffee so we'll have evidence.

"I hope this works." I mumbled as we stood in line to order.

"It will." He chuckled. "What are you getting?" He inquired.

"Vanilla frappuccino." I decided. We finally got up to the register to order. Harry ordered for both of us and paid for both drinks. "I could have paid for my own." I glared at him.

"Being a gentleman." He chuckled as we went to sit down after we got her drinks. "They're going crazy." He said, watching the paparazzi people in amusement.

"I don't understand how you deal with it." I mumbled, watching as they pushed each other out of the way to get pictures of us.

"Just smile and wave." He said, doing just that. He made the dumbest faces at the paps while waving like an idiot. "Come on, it's no fun if I do it alone." He nudged me.

So we spent a lot of time making faces at the paparazzi and laughing at each others expressions.

My phone vibrated with a text.

'From: Louisss

You both need to come home. It's late. Will wait up for you, xx Lou'

"Louis says we need to come home." I told Harry. He mumbled an 'of course'. We got up from the table and headed to the exit, throwing our drinks away. I let Harry enter the huge crowd of camera equipped people first. He grabbed my hand, making sure we don't get separated.

"Just keep your head down and don't reply!" He yelled to me while everybody else shot questions on me. I did as I was told, cringing at the harsh questions. I noticed a couple fans in the crowd also.

"Are you with Harry now?"

"Weren't you with Liam the other day?"

"Are you just sleeping with all of One Direction?"

"What a slut! Going out with two guys at once!" That definitely had to be a 'fan' yelling that at me.

They followed us to Harry's car. We got in after some struggle. I had to shove several paparazzi guys away from me. Sorry, but I like my personal space.

"That was mad." Harry mumbled, starting the car.

"They think I was on a date with you, Harry. Holy shit! How is Louis gonna react to that?" I asked nervously.

"Just tell him we weren't on a date." Harry shrugged, tugging his beanie back on. One of the fans had ripped it off probably.

"Oh, because he so believes everything I tell him." I scoffed sarcastically.

"He'll believe you this time." Harry reassured me. "How was your real date with Liam?"

"It was nice." I smiled, immediately calming down. "We held hands during the movie."

"Oh my gosh! You're moving too fast!" Harry mimicked Louis. "Now go in your room and you can't look at any other boys until you're dead!"

"That was a perfect Louis impression." I laughed. I finally texted Louis back, telling him that we're on our way now. I got a new text from Liam.

'From: Liam(:

Marianne Tomlinson on a date with Harry Styles... What...'

"Liam thinks it was an actual date and I explained the plan to him." I sighed. I scrolled through my Twitter and saw what was trending.

#HARIANNESTYLINSON

I scoffed and typed out a tweet to clear it all up.

'@marianne_brooke: No no no. We got coffee because we were bored. Not a date. Thanks for understanding loves :) xx'

"It's crazy how fast rumors can spread about you guys." I shook my head, closing out the app.

"Yeah, it gets old after a while." Harry mumbled back.

"I could imagine." I agreed.

"Better personally tell Liam that it wasn't a real date, even though we explained the plan to him." Harry suggested. I typed a text to Liam.

'To: Liam(:

I told you the plan earlier genius! No it's not a real date.. A bit jealous, eh? ;)'

We drove back to the flat, singing along to whatever came on the radio even if we didn't know the song. Harry unlocked the door to the flat with his stupid key. Yes, I call it a stupid key because everybody except me has a key and I always end up getting locked out.

Eleanor was lying on the couch with a bucket next to her and several blankets on top of her limp body.

"You guys didn't get in trouble, right?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"Where's Louis?" I inquired.

"Shower." She replied. "It took forever for me to convince him to take a shower. He won't leave me alone for five minutes." She laughed.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"I threw up a couple times, but better now." She explained.

"I'm about to go get out of this dress." I said and went to my room. I threw my heels somewhere in the closet and stripped out of the rest of my outfit. I pulled on a faded white Beatles t-shirt that used to be Louis's and a pair of sweatpants. I tied my hair up in a messy bun.

I then realized that I had a text from Liam that was ten minutes old.

'From: Liam(:

Sorry, can't help it :P Are you guys back yet? xx'

I quickly typed a reply, saying that we just got back. I went back in the living room with Eleanor and Harry. Zayn showed up within the three minutes that I was in my room.

I sat Indian style on the love seat by myself.

"How was your date?" Zayn asked.

"Good." I replied with a smile.

"Date? What date?" Louis asked upon entering the room.

"Uhm..." Zayn, Eleanor, Harry, and I all trailed off.

"You went on your date with Liam." A look of epiphany spread across Louis's face.

"What? No." I shook my head.

"Then what was Zayn talking about?" Loupe inquired.

"He was talking about our coffee date." Harry spoke up, saving my ass for the millionth time.

"Date?" Louis raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, date." Harry nodded.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." Lou shook his head rapidly.

"Louis, let the kids live a little." Eleanor scoffed.

"No, you don't understand. He's my best mate and she's my little sister. No. That does not happen. Ever." Louis rambled. "You guys are not a thing. That's worse than her and Liam together." He mumbled.

"So you're saying you like me and Liam better?" I inquired.

"Jesus Christ, yes." Louis nodded. I shot Harry a small smirk. This went surprisingly well.