Chapter 112- For Both of Us

I woke up when I started choking on fur. I pushed KyuMin off of my face, and he settled by my feet, rolling onto his side and purring.

I tried pulling the cat hairs off my tongue, glaring at him. Of all the places to sit, he has to sit on my face.

I rubbed my eyes, looking around. I wasn't on the couch, where I'd fallen asleep. Instead, I was under the comforter on my bed, as if I'd been there the whole time. Which, I know I hadn't. I had a pretty good idea of how I'd gotten there, but the thought of it made me pull the blanket over my head and kick my legs and squeal. KyuMin, of course, didn't take that too well, and immediately jumped off the bed to leave me to my giggle session.

I recovered quickly enough, then got up to make myself some breakfast. Normally I just ate cereal or something, but I had to get my mind off of the fact that for the next month, while I finished my musical and released and promoted my album, the SJ-M members would not be there to see it.

I forced the thoughts out of my mind, instead focusing on mixing the ingredients for pancake batter, and then digging bacon strips out of my refrigerator and setting them on the pan to fry. As I watched them to make sure they cooked correctly, I took the magnetic calendar that Tiffany had given me off the fridge and looked at what I had written.

Today was one of the B cast days, and so it was that day that had been chosen to film the music video, a session that was planned to go through the day, and then I would go back in the morning the next day. It promised to be a long day.

I put the calendar back onto the fridge and turned over the bacon, turning to get the plate down from the cupboard, almost tripping over KyuMin in the process.

"Dangit, cat! Out of the way!" I nudged him with my foot, trying to get him out of the kitchen, but he only flicked his tail at me and glanced at the bacon.

"No, you're not getting any. Brat."

He meowed and rubbed against my leg, and I couldn't help but reach down and pet him. "Such a naughty boy. You know, pretty soon it's just going to be you and me."

He meowed.

"I know, I know. And Jung Ah and Lela."

He purred, rubbing against my knuckles. I stood up and pulled the bacon off of the heat, then poured the pancake batter onto the griddle.

KyuMn jumped onto the counter, approaching the bacon. I quickly scooped him up and set him on the floor. "No. Bad kitty. Go take a nap or something." I said the words knowing he wouldn't listen. He was a cat, after all.

I munched on a piece of bacon as I overturned pancakes, pulled them off, and poured more batter. Then suddenly a thought occurred to me. I'd made the full recipe. The one my grandmother had designed to feed a family of at least ten. And I just had me and my cat.

I turned the heat off, then took the already cooked food into the fridge, so my cat couldn't get to it. I saved the rest for later, after I took a shower.

 ~

The reaction of the staff and crew when I arrived at the set with pancakes and bacon, ready to give out, was absolutely priceless. Pretty soon all of the food was gone, passed out between everyone. A lot of people either skipped breakfast that day, or generally never ate breakfast at all, and I felt pretty good about myself for bringing it.

"Well, you know. I got up early this morning, and I was bored," I responded to the multitude of thanks I was getting. Even the director seemed happy enough for the pancakes, and several people complimented me on my cooking skills. They couldn't imagine how long it takes to make all of it. "Not that long, really, once you get a good system going."