Chapter 56- The Concept of "Trust"

"Henry?" I peeked into the practice room, looking for my puffy-cheeked friend. I figured I'd done enough in the SuJu dorm for the time being. Not to mention I had dance rehearsal scheduled with him. 

"Hey! It's the drunken Wonderwoman! Tell me, how do I count to three?"

I punched him in the shoulder, ignoring his look of pain and closing the door behind me. "So I assume you know everything that happened, then?"

"Seriously, when you told me that you didn't date people because guys are scared of you, I didn't really believe you. But looking at Eunhyuk's eye... wow, you are one tough little fireball."

"Would you care to be this tough little fireball's next victim?"

He winced, his hand going to the place I had last punched him. "No, no, that's okay. I suppose I should focus the conversation on that stunt you pulled on Heechul. I'm a bit curious as to where you got the cat."

"It was a stuffed cat. And I have my sources."

"That Irish guy, right?"

"His name is John," I sighed, "And how did you know?"

"He's tricky. Full of trouble."

I rolled my eyes. "It's an Irish thing. Where do you think I get it?"

"You're Irish?" He seemed genuinely surprised. Had I not mentioned that before?

"Partly. Along with a whole host of other things."

"Including Chinese and Hawaiian?"

"Yeah. Do you want the whole list? It could take a while."

"No, that's okay." He leaned against the wall. "You know, I heard about the whole thing. From Ryeowook. He said you were beating yourself up pretty bad about it."

"From Wookie? He was worried about me?"

"Not as much as some of the other members." He seemed suddenly serious, the jokes he'd been rattling off earlier starting to fade away.

"Like who?"

"Well, for one thing, I think Eunhyuk is now terrified of you." Forget what I just said. "But yeah the other members are worried. Me, especially."

"Henry, you're worried about me?" I'd thought of Henry as my brother, but I'd never really extended that relationship to worry. I wasn't really sure why; it just had never happened.

"Sure. I need to make sure my little sister is safe. It's my job, right? Not to mention your friends told me they would personally cut off my head and parade it around the world as the sculpture on the prow of a cruise ship if I ever let you get hurt." 

I winced, trying to stop myself from picturing it and failing. I assumed it had been Em to make the statement; aside from me, she was the only one who made weird, creepy threats like that. 

"So I just need to know that you're okay, Mel. You know, after having to figure out your fangirl feelings versus real ones, and having to apologize to Sungmin..."

"You know, Henry, I just really don't want to talk about this right now. I'm still kinda trying to figure it all out, so I'd really appreciate it if we could just do anything else but talk about that. Such as, you know, practice our choreography. Which is what we're supposed to be doing anyway."

He grinned, shrugging and taking off his jacket. "Okay, Queen Be. Whatever you say, milady."

I punched him in the shoulder again. "And cut the crap, seriously!"