Chapter 40- Nothing Really That Personal

I spent several hours explaining everything to them. Eventually I had to tell them all of thethings that had happened with the members, including the parts where I talked to Kyuhyun in Spanish and when I encountered a very drunk Kangin. I knew I had to tell them eventually, and now was as good a time as any. It was easier to explain it in person anyway.

"Wait, so Donghae led you by the hand to his secret little spot?" Jacklyn gaped.

"Um, yeah. Is that weird?"

"No, it's adorable! Where was it, do you remember?" Em asked, her eyes telling me that she wanted to see it for herself.

I shook my head. "The streets were all a blur to me. I don't remember much of anything. I might be able to find my way there if I were to go there again, but I wouldn't guarantee it. The only person who'd really know is Fishy, and none of you are ELF, soooooo..."

"You just want to keep him to yourself!" Jacklyn pouted.

"Why yes, I do," I responded, then thought a bit more about it. "Well, actually, I'm perfectly fine with sharing him with Eunhyuk."

Ali, Eliz and Em rolled their eyes. They weren't really very interested in SuJu, so they didn't understand. Jacklyn wasn't an ELF, but she did enjoy hearing about the antics of SuJu. And you just didn't not ship EunHae. I tried not to suggest anything when talking to them because I didn't want to insult them, but when the members weren't there, member-shipping was totally fair game.

"Okay, so tell me again how exactly you got all of these members to like you this much?" Ali's tone was skeptical.

"I'm not making this all up, I'll have you know," I replied, making a face at her. I have a pretty crazy imagination, but you know I'm a terrible liar." They should know-- they'd all played poker with me.

"Still, I'm just wondering how. I mean, SuJu has thousands of fans, and it's not like they never interact with them. What makes you special?"

"I'm not... really sure. I know they respect me a lot for helping Kangin, but i think it's more than that. I doubt it's because I'm stunningly beautiful and charming."

"Modest, aren't we?" Eliz joked.

"That was sarcasm." I waved away her comment. "I think it might be because of my origins and my attitude. I act a lot different from most of the trainees because I wasn't brought up in Asia, yet I still know respect, to certain points. So I think they're just really curious about me. Just speculation, of course. Who knows what those boys are thinking half the time. Sometimes I swear they're NOT even thinking."

"That might be why you get along with them so well. The whole not-thinking thing is something you have in common," Eliz remarked.

"Ya!"

"What? It's true," Ali argued.

"Okay, so maybe it is. But do you have to say it like that?"

They exchanged glances, then all answered at the same time.

"Yes."

I suppose I had it coming, since that was the usual flat-toned, brutally honest thing that I always said to them.

Unsurprisingly, I was the first one to wake up the next morning, my throat a tad bit sore from talking for so long. I was usually the first one to wake up, except maybe Ali, who was more of a morning person than the rest of my friends. That day, though, they had been exhausted from the flight and change of time zones, so it was a wonder that they had stayed awake as long as they had.