Chapter 11- Hectic, but It's Fun!

"Mel, you didn't happen to bring tape in that big bag of stuff, did you?" Min Hee asked, unfurling a SHINee poster. 

"Crap! No, I didn't. I brought a pair of computer speakers, though."

"Yes, that's very helpful. We can't decorate anything without tape!"

"...true. And we're going to need nails to put up shelves." 

"Great. Looks like we're going to have to go shopping tomorrow. Who's going to take the first turn?"

"Can we go together the first few times, so we can figure out the area? Not to mention that I don't know much Korean."

"You are so hopeless. Alright, it's already late. Why don't we just go to bed? We can start working tomorrow. Your schedule doesn't start until next week Monday, too, right?"

"Yeah."

"Great. Goodnight!"

"Min Hee... Min Hee..."

"Mmmnfff...." She rolled over, putting her pillow over her head. 

"Come on, it's already almost ten in the morning! I've been up for five hours! I'm starving, and we have to go get tape!"

"Fffmrrmmhhmm..."

"No! The whole 'five more minutes' thing never works! Come on, it's time to get up!"

I yanked the blankets off of her, not really hoping for much since it was summer. "Come on, Min Hee! Our life in Korea begins today! We have to make this dorm into a proper place to live! But first you have to GET UP!!!!!"

Min Hee rolled ever towards me, apparently forgetting that the bed was narrow, because she rolled right off, hitting the cold wood floor with a thud.

She sat up, suddenly awake. Her hair was tousled, and she'd gone to sleep in her clothes. "Where am I?"

"You fell out of bed."

She looked around, still drousy. "What time is it?"

"Ten in the morning. We have to go get tape to start fixing this place up. And food. It's a weekday and I haven't had breakfast. I'm famished!"

"Famished?"

"Very, very, very hungry. Now come on, you lazy bum! You're worse than my sister!"

"You have a sister?" She asked, slowly getting to her feet.

"Yeah, an older sister and a younger brother. My sister isn't a morning person. My brother has his days. I can get up right away whenever."

"Oh." She yawned. "Alright, just let me get a shower and we'll set out."

While I waited for her to get out of the bathroom, I quickly opened my laptop and slid my camera's SD card in, to transfer the pictures I had take so far, especially my gem, the picture of me, Henry, and a bowl of Jjajangmyun. I had just posted it to Facebook when Min Hee came out. Wow, fast bather.

"You ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah, let's head out. Make sure you lock the door."

"I can't believe you tried to give the cashier a 50 thousand-won bill for a few rolls of tape!" Min Hee yelled as she shouldered her way through the door, kicking her shoes off at the doorway. She dropped the bags she had been holding on the floor and scowled at me.

"I'm sorry! I'm used to dollars! I asked you for help and you didn't hear me!"

"I was at the other end of the store!"