*Chapter 24- A Bit... Distracted

*Still in "Journey Through the Stars" photo album*

Me: Hello everyone! I'm back from a long trip down in the countryside of Tae Han Min Guk. I've been gone for a couple of weeks, and I'm sorry I haven't been in contact with anyone. This is the most wired country in the world, yet I found myself without cellphone service or an internet connection! So, to make up for it, here are a few pictures to compare the farm I stayed at to the ones back home.

First item: The cows here are BROWN! I mean, ALL brown! Even on the way down here, I didn't see a single dairy cow. It's mostly beef here. Apparently the Koreans are proud of their beef. I'm not really 100% sure of the reasoning. Anyway, this is a picture of my host family's herd of cattle. Way on the right you can see Gaehwa, a pregnant cow. Keep her in mind, we'll see her later.

Ali: You know there are cows like that in Wisconsin too, right?

Me: Yeah, I know that, duh. But compare the number of black-and-white cows overall to the number of solid brown ones. The ratio's probably at least twenty to one. Here it's practically the opposite. 

Em: Did you have any Korean beef while you were there? Was it good?

Me: Yeah, my host mother cooked some for us. And yeah, it tasted pretty good.

James: I LOVE Korean beef! 

Me: Of course you do, James. Actually, according to Mr. Kim (My host father), the beef I ate was from a steer they raised themselves.

Tessa: Oh, poor cow! ...pass the ketchup.

Jackie: Hahaha, memories.

Me: Honestly, I wasn't particularly fond of that steer. 

Jackie: "Beef, it's what's for dinner."

Me: We are terrible people.

*Next picture*

Me: Here we have Gaehwa again, having her baby! I really admire mothers, of all species. It looks like it hurts so much! Mr. Kim insisted that I help him with this, even though I was terrified that she'd freak out and start kicking. Although apparently this wasn't Gaehwa's first calf, it still looked like she hurt a lot. And it was only mildly gross. 

Em: Okay, I have to ask, what does helping cows give birth have to do with becoming an idol?

Jacklyn: It'll help her understand that... life is precious, and needs to be cherished?"

Em: That doesn't answer my questiion.

Me: Umm... it might help me appreciate the love and care of fans? I don't really know. I think it's just an important lesson for life.

*Next picture*

 Me: The Kim family out in the rice fields. The rice fields look a lot different from the corn fields, but that's not really a surprise. There are a few corn farms here, but they're usually small crops, and they're not that common. Anywho, those little colored dots you see in the distance are the farmhands. It kind of helps you understand just how big the field is.

Jackie: Is it cold, working out there?

Me: It's wet. The fall here is a bit warmer than it is in Wisconsin, since we're a bit further south, and we're next to the ocean, but yeah, it can be pretty miserable sometimes. I'm pretty sure I got a cold. Nakata-sensei's going to be mighty upset with me.

Em: Nakata-sensei? I thought you were in Korea?

Me: I am. But my vocal training teacher is Japanese.

Jacklyn: But why is she Japanese?

Me: Obviously because her parents are Japanese. :P

Jacklyn: -.- you know what I mean.

Me: IDK. The people at SM come from all over Asia. 

Eliz: What about America? You and Henry come from America. And Tiffany, and, ummm...

Ali: Amber?

Me: We're the minority. Not to mention that we're artists. The staff members don't usually come from America.

*Next picture*

Me: A typical Korean breakfast! Looks a lot different from what we have at home, doesn't it? Kind of makes you miss cold cereal. But that's something we have in the cities. 

James: Looks delicious.

Me: You would say that.

James: Well, wasn't it?

Me: It was pretty good, yeah. Really makes me miss brunch with the family, though.

James: No it doesn't. You're just imagining it.

Me: Shut up, James.

*Next picture*

Me: In the car, finally on our way back to Seoul! This is the view from the highway. It really pretty, and you can almost kinda sorta see the ocean. It's prettier from Mokpo, though. I was too busy to get a picture while I was there, so sorry.

Eliz: Awww, I wanted to see the ocean from Korea...

Me: Sorry, I was a bit... distracted while I was there. I totally forgot about my camera. Maybe next time, you guys.

Jacklyn: Wait, you were in Mokpo?

Me: Yeah, we went grocery shopping. I got lost, though.

Em: Hahaha, good job, Mel! XD

Me: You suck. -.-

*Next picture*

Me: We're back in Seoul! And here we have a lovely picture of... Henry! Lol, sorry, I take a lot of pictures of him. He just doesn't care, and he's so photogenic! Anyway, this is him playing the piano the day I got back! His expression is really pretty, but ignore the pen in his mouth. It ruins the whole peaceful image. Makes him look like an adorable Mochi, though. Kekeke, so cute! He's actually helping me compose a song! I'm so excited for this one! I wrote it while I was in Jeolla-do. It's really pretty, and I'm so happy Henry's helping me compose it!!!!!

Jacklyn: Aaaaawwww, I want to hear it! If Henry's working on it, it has to be good! i mean, think of "Andante" and "All My Heart"! Hwaiting, Mel!

Jackie: What does "Mochi" Mean?

Me: Chipmunk. Because he has such pudgy cheeks.

Eliz: It's not nice to say that Henry has pudgy cheeks, Mel...

Me: But he DOES! Just ask any ELF, they'll say that he's totally a chipmunk! I've seen him stick an entire orange in his mouth! Like, a full-sized orange, not a Mandarin orange! XD

Jackie: You're not exactly un-pudgy-cheeked yourself, you know.

Tessa: You're such a cute fat-faced bunny!

Me: -.- I've never been abe to have more than three orange slices in my mouth at once. That's part of why I eat so slow, remember? Because I find it uncomfortable to take too big of bites. 

 Jackie: True

Em: ANYWAY, this picture is not about pudgy cheeks! It is about Mel and Henry writing a song! Mel, what's it about?

Me: Umm, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you. But it's called "A Dream By the Sea."

Jacklyn: Oooooh, jeo-ah!