Chapter 49- So Much Sweet Stuff

Only a few days after that was Kangin's birthday, January 17th. Still, every time I saw him, I thought of a night in the rain. Either way, I was an ELF, and had a job to do. I'd closed my "ELF Queen" blog due to SM's orders, but I still had all kinds of messages to carry from my followers, of which, by the end, I'd had about a thousand of. I wrote all of their wishes for him down in a notebook and gave it to him on his birthday, wishing him a happy birthday, and then leaving, hoping he'd been too drunk that night to really remember what had happened. No such luck.

"Hey, Ahjumma!"

I turned back around, surprised. "Are you referring to me?!"

"Yes. You look like an Ahjumma."

"Kangin-oppa, as of today, I'm twelve years younger than you!"

"Really? Wow. You aged fast," he laughed, nudging one of the other members to laugh with him. "Well, thank you, Ahjumma."

Then I left.

The carrying of birthday messages from fans was a repeated duty in the early months of the year. After Kangin's birthday, I focused on my trainee jobs, and my school, but before I knew it, January turned to February, and it was February third, Kyuhyun's birthday. 

In addition to the notebook of fan wishes, I also had a few gifts from fans for him, tucked into a birthday present bag. They'd been gift requests from fans, dropped at a location I told them I would go to pick them up, since I wasn't about to tell any ELF where I lived, as wonderful of people as they are. I'd gone through them the previous night, though, to make sure I wasn't giving Kyuhyun anything horrifying. (Sorry, ELF. Just trying to help.)

Kyuhyun was harder to hunt down on his birthday than Kangin was, though. Admittedly, he had a lot of shows to do, being an MC for two things, along with the usual packed idol's schedule. It's a wonder he didn't always look like he was going to fall over from exhaustion. But instead, he always seemed so bright and energetic, with his evil grins, little tricks, and weird dances.

I finally managed to catch him at around ten at night, when he was coming back into the company building with a few of his friends. Oh my god, are those CNBLUE members?! They are! It was Kyu-line!

I ducked behind a pillar, steadying my heartbeat. It would be really embarrassing to just go and give him his present, when he was in front of his friends, but if I didn't do it now, I would lose my chance, and have to wait until the next day. Okay, Mel, just go. Just don't look at Minhyuk, and you'll be fine. Ignore Changmin, Minho, Yonghwa, Jonghyun, and Minhyuk. Just give the present to Kyuhyun, and get out of there. Yeah.

I peeked around the pillar, took a deep breath, and walked up to Kyuhyun. 

"Kyuhyun-oppa!"

"Jageun! See, I told you she was lurking around here, ready to spring on me."

They laughed, and I glared at him, setting my jaw. "I guess you don't want your birthday presents, then. After all of the love and care that the ELF put into these..." I started to turn towards the door, but he caught me by the back of my collar, like I expected he would. 

"Hey, if those are from the ELF, they don't belong to you."

I held out the notebook and the bag, keeping my eyes on his shoes, so they didn't travel to Minhyuk. I didn't want to be fangirling over CNBlue right then. Kyuhyun might get jealous. And I know he gets jealous very easily. 

"Hey, you guys, this is Jageun."

"My name is not Jageun!"

"Fine, introduce yourself, then!"