*Chapter 37- Omo Omo Omo Omo

*Letters from Mel's friends and family in return*

*From Jackie*

Dear Mel,

So, Australia is amazing, I'll have you know. Ignore the crocodiles. And the giant toads. Actually, it's really sad, because most of the snakes are dead. The really poisonous ones. They bite those giant toads, and ingest the toad's poison and die. Steve Irwin would be really sad. Anyway, I took a zillion pictures of the GBR for you. I sent my favorites along with this letter.

You gave my earrings away?! And you were making dragons for me?! Jerk. You said you gave it to one of the SHINee members? I confess, I had to look them up to remember who they were. Which one? Using Sherlock as an example, the one with the hippie clothes and the really long hair, the one with the hair in his eyes that has half of his head shaved in Lucifer, the one with the spiky hair, the one with the weird wavy stuff, or the other one. You know, the rapper. Which one?

My other friends are taking care of my pets. I do have other friends, remember? But yeah, the guys from the dojo. 

I can only imagine how life is for you over there. I've never been to Korea, so I really don't know. Sometimes, you know, it dawns on me that you're training to be a musician or an actress or whatever it is, and I realize, "Hey, my little sis is going to be famous someday." Sometimes that just dawns on me. But then, I remember all of the little rants you had about SM, and I worry a little bit. Are you sure you're going to be okay in a company that has a reputation for not treating their artists like crap? Wait a second, we are talking about Mel here. The girl who could never get a boyfriend because all of the guys were too scared that she'd rip their arm off and beat them with it. Nevermind. You'll be fine. If anyone starts giving you a hard time, I'm sure you'll just beat them into submission. I have faith in you.

You're pretty popular as a trainee, aren't you? All this talk about Henry and SuJu and people like that, are you sure you're not like, best friends with them or something? You sure seem to hang out with them a lot. Anyway, I'm happy that they help you out a lot. Even if that Henry is trying to usurp me as older sibling. I WILL NOT LET HIM TAKE MY PLACE! Do you hear me? I will beat it into him if I have to! I don't care if he's technically older than me, I had dibs first! You're MY younger sibling to annoy and boss around, not his!

Okay, now that that point's made, I saw that video. I'm curious how you performed that, since parts of it are kind of... kinky. Like where that one guy is chained to the wall. I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff, Mel. 

I don't get the best internet connection here in Australia, so videochatting will have to wait until I get back, sorry. Maybe I will stop by Korea sometime and bother you, if only just to see what these people you're always with are like.

I'll do my best not to die so you won't have to kill me,

Jackie 

Dear Mel  That's one thing we didn't really consider. The weather must be really different. This is Mom, by the way. Dad never had the energy to answer your letter, so I ended up doing it. You know how it is. Anyway, it's getting pretty cold here already. You missed Thanksgiving. The family missed you a lot. Grandma even made you cherry breeze. I guess you didn't really celebrate Thanksgiving while you were in Korea. Well, I hope you have a happy Christmas. Make sure you give everyone a phone call.

Thousands of miles away, and you're still definitely a Wisconsinite. I hope you're not letting any of that cheese go to waste, since it's hard to ship. And that better not be all you're eating. Eat some meat once in a while. I know it's hard since you don't get that much money, but try the best you can.