*Chapter 15- Becoming Henry's Pet

(Chapters labeled with an asterisk* are intercalary chapters, or breaks from the story that have relevance to the story. They may descirbe an event more closely, or even foreshadow future events. The intercalary chapters in this story will be descriptions of the pictures, videos, and other things that Mel sends home, and the reactions her friends and family have to them.)

*On my new photo album on Facebook, "Journey Through the Stars"*

Me: Hi everyone! So, most of you know that I've been doing pretty well here in Seoul, but you wouldn't know the details of it. So, to improve your perception of my well-being, here are a few pictures of me and the idols I've met. :D

This one is... Henry!

Goodness this guy can eat. At least this time he bought his own food. And mine, actually. He said that he wanted to go get a hamburger, but didn't want alone, so he stole me after my vocal training! Oh no! Actually, I was pretty sneaky with this picture, so he didn't know I took it. :P He has ketchup all over his face. Piggy!

Jacklyn: He took you out to EAT?!

Me: He was paying me back for buying him coffee.

Jackie (My sister): Wait, so who is this guy again? Do you know him or something? Are you dating?

Me: This is Henry!!!! Henry Lau, the extremely talented, adorable, funny Canadian, English-speaking member of Super Junior-M, who also plays the violin for Super Junior! He's my English buddy. And NO, we are NOT dating! That would be so... weird! He's like my big brother!

Jackie: What, you've replaced me as your elder sibling?!

Me: Yes.

Jackie: I'm insulted. I'm so replaceable.

Me: You know I love you, sibling. <3

Next picture

Me: And here we have... Henry again!

He comes to our dance practices sometimes. In this one, one of our classmates was gone, so he was... trying to be a substitute. It didn't go so well.

*In the picture, Henry is making a weird face, and has his arms spread out from his sides, making him look for all the world like a gorilla*

Em: He's a monkey!!!!

Ali: You sure are around Henry a lot.

Me: I know. People are saying that I'm becoming Henry's pet. It's not so bad, though. He does a lot of stuff for me, and doesn't actually ask for much in return.

Tessa: So... are you his puppy, or his kitty?

Me: Do gorillas keep cats?

Tessa: I guess you're his puppy then.

Me: *wags tail*

Next picture

 Me: Another one of Henry. He's so photogenic! He let me watch him practice with his violin. I am soooo jealous of his skills. I mean, I can barely dance at all, let alone dance while playing violin! He looks pretty serious in this picture, but he's usually not. Actually, he has this weird habit where he grins randomly while he's dancing. It's really funny! XD

Jacklyn: I kind of want to see this now.

Me: I'll make a video next time. Actually, his vocal practices are even funnier.

Next picture

Me: Henry again! I think the only person I hang out with more than him is Min Hee. Speaking of which, this is a picture of Henry, Min Hee and I getting coffee after class. Well, Min Hee and Henry got coffee. I got tea. And then Henry said something funny, and...

*In the picture, Henry's white shirt is covered in a splattered brown stain, and he looks down at it, not sure what to do. Min Hee is trying not to laugh, and Mel is behind the camera, but you can see her hand trying to wipe the tea off of his shirt*

Jacklyn: "Melissa"- the definition of  "spew".

Eliz: You're hopeless, Mel.

Me: At least it wasn't Mountain Dew this time!

Ali: I'm pretty sure the tea is worse.

Me: Point. But Henry said that it came out, so it's okay.

Next Picture

Me: Henry came to my school to eat lunch with us! I was so surprised! You can see my Irish friend, John, in this picture, along with all of the girls glaring at me in the background. I think they hate me even more now, but i consider this a win.

Ali: Isn't that a bit high-profile? I mean, he's an idol...

Me: As he puts it, half of the Korean population hates him already, so he could care less what they think. He says that this is more fun anyway.

Jacklyn: Awwww! Poor Henry!

Next Picture

Me: It's Henry again! JUST KIDDING! It's SUNGMIN this time! A golden moment, this was actually from a while ago, when I ran into him in the hallway and he ended up going with me to my vocal training. He played the guitar for me! And of course, I took a picture. Aren't his hands so beautiful?!

Em: WHAT?! You met your BIAS and you didn't TELL us?!

Me: ...I wanted it to be a surprise.

Jacklyn: Oh, we're surprised!

Jackie: This guy's your bias? Well, he does have nice hands.

Me: I know, right? They're so pretty!

Em: Don't avoid the conversation! Explain yourself, missy!

Me: That was it. He's really nice, though. He even complimented me on my singing voice! :D

Jacklyn: You are dead. You are so dead. I will come over there to murder you.

Me: Henry will save me.

Jacklyn: ...Darnit.