Chapter 65- The Intensity of the Gratitude

"Oppa... you rode this?!" I stared in awe at the bike, trying to picture Sungmin riding it. Then I saw the stripe of pink down the chasse, and it wasn't that difficult to see.

"I did. Now come on, before the press finds us."

"Me?! On a motorbike?! But my plane! And my bags, and... and..." I trailed off, unable to think of any more arguments.

"Manager-hyung's coming to get your bags. I just had to stop you from getting on that plane. You can't leave, Minsung-ah. We managed to convince the management to change their minds."

"You mean... you mean I can stay? I won't have to leave?"

"If you try again, I think we might have to handcuff you to someone's bed," he replied darkly.

"Kinky," I couldn't help but say, although I was speaking to sweet, sweet Sungmin, and he'd just said that they weren't going to let me leave without their permission, which I found unbearably adorable. Still, despite surprise, shock, and cuteness-- no matter what, I was still me.

"Very funny. Here, put this on." He handed me a biking helmet, throwing another on his own head.

"Wait, you're serious?! I'm riding this with you?!" I exclaimed, looking at the helmet in my hands, then back at Sungmin. I had made a promise to myself a long time ago that I would never ride a motorcycle with anyone, unless that someone was my boyfriend. Sungmin wasn't my boyfriend. But I guess promises were meant to be broken, because I really wanted to be sitting behind him on that bike.

"Yes! Now get on! We're running out of time!"

Not arguing, I jammed the helmet on my head and swung myself over the seat, situating myself behind him as he started the bike's motor.

"Hold on tight!" he yelled over the bike's roar. He definitely didn't have to tell me twice. I was quite happy to wind my arms around his midsection and lay my head against his shoulder as the bike shot through the parking lot and onto Seoul streets.

It was exhilarating. The hair not restricted by the helmet whipped behind me in the wind, and I wondered if my laptop, in the bag slung over my shoulder, would handle the stress of the ride. I hoped so.

It was terrifying. I could feel the bike moving underneath me, and the frightening way it tilted just a bit towards the ground when Sungmin guided it through a turn. Every time we came to a stop light, I clung tighter as Sungmin hit the brakes, afraid that the bike would throw us off as it hurtled to a stop.

It was cold. I now understood why bikers always wore the leather jackets. Not only to protect against road rash, but also to ward off the wind that they had no protection from. For me, not wearing a jacket like that, the wind found a way to force cold into the very hollows of my bones.

I clung to Sungmin, glad for those lovely hands on the handlebars, knowing where to go and what to do. I was glad for his body heat that I could feel through the fabric of his jacket. Any girl who didn't think of him as a man was an idiot, I thought. There was no man like him. Who could be so soft and delicate yet strong and dependable?

I could feel his strong, firm midsection under my arms, feel him tense as he went through a turn. The bike went over a rock, and I squealed and squeezed tighter. I looked up to see him tuning and grinning at me, so I made a face at him. I knew that every girl that thought of him as only a friend didn't know what she was missing.

When we came to a stop outside the location where SuJu's fanmeeting was taking place, I finally let go, my whole body shaking. Sungmin got off first, then took his helmet off, I swear just so I could see his sweet smile when he held out his hand to help me off the bike.