C h a p t e r 2

~chapter 2~

Thinking about it now I'm not sure why I said yes to the party. I hate parties and always will.

I made my way up to the black flaking gates again but this time I was leaving not entering since it was the end of the day.

I pulled my phone out as I made my way across the road.

I always walked back from school by myself but today seemed different. Like I had unwanted company following me.

I turned my head to look back. There was no one there though.

"Look what the cat dragged in." I heard as I turned back to face in front of me.

"Go away May." I said as I tried to shuffle past.

"Excuse me?" She asked as she flicked her face away from her face.

"You heard me. Now please let me through." I tried asking politely through gritted teeth.

"Why Violet? So you can get home to your crappy house with your crappy family?" She said trying to contain her laughter.

"My crappy family? At least my father doesn't sell dr-" I started to say but was rudely interrupted.

"Well at least my father doesn't have a house full of deranged kids that he got left to look after because-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH." I heard behind me.

We all turned around to find a boy. He was fairly tall with slightly curly chestnut coloured hair.

"And who are you?" I heard May ask and then scoff.

"I'm here for Violet." He said. I had no clue who he was though.

He started to walk up to me and grabbed my wrist pulling me away.

"Get off of me!" I shouted. His grip just got tighter and tighter and my wrist started to hurt as he dragged me away.

"You're hurting me! Please." I whispered just about loud enough for him to hear.

He immediately let go and I held my wrist in an attempt for it to stop hurting. I hissed at the pain once I realised that he had in fact scratched me and I was bleeding.

"Dammit!" He yelled aggressively. I jumped back in fear.

"Sorry. Are you okay?" He asked with worry and guilt written all over his face.

I nodded, turned around and walked away.

"Violet wait!" I stopped in my tracks and turned.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

His face went pale.

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask that." He said with a nervous chuckle.

"Answer me." I demanded.

"Ashton. Ashton Irwin." He said.

"Wait. What?" I asked in disbelief. We had the same surname. Not another child of my fathers to add to the family.

I sighed.

"Violet Irwin." I said back forcing a smile.

"Looks like you are the right person. I'm so glad I found you." He said with a genuine smile on his face and I had only just realised he had dimples.

"Why?"

"I.. Well... Um.." He started to explain and I knew this could take a while so I walked through a gate that lead us to the swings in the park.

"Sit." I demanded.

He sat down on the swing next to me and started swinging.

"Do you remember me, Vi?" He asked.
Truth was, I didn't. I never remember anything. To be honest I can't remember anything about my childhood.

"Um... No." I said with a sympathetic smile on my face.

"Well, as you've probably guessed, I'm your brother."

"Ugh. Too many." I said. He could be my brother; I guess. We both have chestnut hair and hazel eyes except he has two dimples when I only have one.

"What do you mean 'ugh. Too many'?" He asked making a confused face which made me giggle.

He smiled.

"Well... Lets just say dad has been VERY busy." I said exaggerating 'very'.

"Oh."

There was a few moments silence which eventually turned awkward.

"Yeah... I should really get home now.." I said awkwardly.

"Um... Is there any chance I could go home with you. I... Don't have anywhere to stay.." He asked as he stood up from the swing as I did the same.

"I guess." I shrugged. Dad wouldn't care. He never does.

"Oh by the way you won't see much of me tonight; I'm going to a party." I said just in case.

"Cool. Who's party?" He asked as we were nearing the end of my road.

"I have no clue." I answered running my hand through my hair and chuckling awkwardly.

"We're here." I said making him look up at the small-ish house in front of him.

I walked up toward the gate and unlocked it, then I hopped up the steps skipping every other one and then jumping the last one since it was an odd number.

"You always use to do that." He stated whilst smiling.

I gave him a quick smile.I have always done that. But how would he know? I don't remember him.

"Welcome to the hell-hole I call home." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled and stepped inside.

"Violet, I put some money on the count- ... Ashton?"

~~~~~~~~~

I'm so confused as to what's going on too ... Haha

Xx