Chapter 43

"...Happy birthday to you!" everyone all sang to me. It was now finally my 17th birthday, and I'm extremely excited.

I spent my entire day with my family today, but Ethan wanted me to come over his house tonight so I could spend time with him and his family. I thought it was sweet of him to do that, and plus I wanted to see him today.

My thoughts about this got interrupted once I heard Lisa say, "Make a wish sweetie." I smiled, and thought for a moment as I closed my eyes.

I wish I'll finally get my full memory back.

I then opened my eyes, and blew out the candles. Everyone started clapping for me as I blew them out, and Lisa took the cake so she can cut it. "What'd you wish for?" Cameron asked me.

"I can't say or else it won't come true," I giggled, and she did also. We starting talking for a little bit, until I noticed Ethan putting a gift bag in front of me.

"I got you something," he told me with his amazing smile.

I smiled also, replying, "You didn't have to get me anything."

"Of course I did," he smirked, and I giggled once again. I started to open up my gift, which revealed a beautiful new pair of Vans.

"Oh my gosh, I love them!" I squealed. I then brought Ethan into a big hug, and I instantly felt him hug back. I did feel those butterflies in my stomach, which I loved getting that feeling with him.

I then pulled away from him saying, "Thank you so much." We then just stared at each other smiling, not breaking our eye contact.

It was until Lisa handed me my plate of cake, our connection broke. I thanked Lisa for the cake, and I stared eating it. It tasted so delicious once I took my first bite.

"Have you seen the weather outside guys?" I heard Lisa say.

"No, why?" Grayson said. "It's just snowing."

"Yeah, but a lot," Lisa replied, gesturing to the kitchen window. "I don't know if Elena can get home in this bad weather."

"What can she do?" Ethan chirped in.

"She might have to stay over night with us, only if it's fine with her and her family," Lisa explained. "I wouldn't want her and her family to get hurt if she tried to get home."

"That's totally fine with me," I said with an assuring smile. "I can let them know right now."

"That's good honey," Lisa smiled, and I took out my phone dialing my moms number. She soon picked up after a few rings, and I told her about what's going on with the weather.

She understood, and she said that it was alright with me staying over. I'm pretty happy she did, cause I actually really wanted to stay over with them.

I ended the call after a few minutes, and I told them all that it was okay with me staying over. "Yay!" Cameron squealed, and we all laughed.

But I did start to wonder about it. Why does this night feel so familiar to me? I feel like a night like this happened before...

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Ethan ask me, which brought me back into reality.

"I don't know," I said laughing a little, and he just chuckled. "I feel like this night happened before."