Chapter 36

Elena's POV

I had soon gotten discharged from the hospital after a couple more days had passed. The only minor thing that's been going on ever since I left the hospital is that I've been getting some bad headaches, but the doctor had given me some medication for it. I haven't even been to school because of it, but today's my first day back.

Everything seemed fine with me other than that, but the only thing that's been bothering me is that Ethan kid. Everyone like him, Grayson, and my parents keep telling me that he's my boyfriend, but I just can't see it. I definitely know he's not, cause I'm with Grayson.

I'm kinda starting to remember Ethan, but only as Grayson's brother. I don't see him and I dating from before, cause that all happened with me and Grayson. I kinda feel bad for him though, cause I guess him and I were a thing before all of this happened.

But I can't really do anything about it cause I'm dating Grayson, I've been dating him. Ethan's like a stranger to me almost, and I don't see us dating in the future.

Anyways, back to reality. Grayson drove me to school today, like he always does. The ride was nice, but Grayson seemed a little awkward during it. I don't know if it has to do with the 'me dating Ethan' thing, but I just shrugged it off.

He helped me get through today, since it's my first day back here ever since the accident. It also reminds me that I remember somewhat of that accident, but not much. Grayson said it was cause I was angry with something, but I don't think I was.

Anyways, the school day was kinda boring. I also have a bunch of work to catch up in my classes, sadly. But it was until lunch, I get to see Grayson there, which I'm excited for.

He came by to my history class to find me so we can walk to lunch. We started talking about random things, but it seemed like he wasn't really in the mood to talk. I even tried holding his hand on the way to lunch, and it did seem a little awkward for him.

We both walked to the cafeteria hand in hand anyway, and he told me that his brother Ethan was holding a seat for us. We started walking over towards it, but I felt a little chill down my spine once I noticed Ethan at a table.

I don't know why, but maybe it's cause of what happened with this situation with me. He did look a little down also, especially once he noticed Grayson and I. I don't really understand why he does look a little sad, but I did feel pretty bad for what it is.

Grayson and I sat in the empty seats across from him, and I saw his eyes light up towards me once I sat down. It was almost like he couldn't keep his eyes off of me, which made me blush a little.

I even noticed a girl sitting next to him who had short black hair, and dark eyes. She looked kinda short, and she looked pretty tan. "Hey guys," I heard Grayson say, and Ethan just nodded his head up.

"Hey Gray!" the girl replied with a smile. "And hey Elena," she added, looking towards me. I felt a shock go through me, since this girl apparently knows my name. Unless I just can't remember her...

"Uh... Hi," I replied a little shyly. "What's your name?"

"Oh, right! You can't remember anyone," she laughed. I lightly giggled, but I kinda hated myself inside for what she said. "But I'm Sofia."

Sofia doesn't really sound familiar to me, since I guess I met her before. "I was the girl that your ex boyfriend Ethan fell for, and caused you to get mad at him and forget your memories about him," she shrugged.

I felt a little awkward at that moment at what she said, and I looked at her confused. That's totally not what happened and what I don't remember at all. "Ethan's not my ex, I never dated him..." I replied.

"Oh, well that's basically all of what happened," Sofia told me, and I still looked at her confused. "Sorry if I said too much."

"Alright," I heard Ethan mumble, basically in a tone for us to stop talking about this. I looked at him, and I even saw him look into my eyes. But I instantly looked away since I felt this weird feeling inside me.

I just decided on enjoying the rest of this lunch before I head onto another boring class. We all started talking about something else random, but Ethan wasn't really apart of the conversation. But I did catch him staring at me a couple times throughout it.

Ethan's POV

I couldn't even help myself being around Elena. Knowing all that's what happened, it's like we're strangers. She barely talks to me ever since the day at the hospital, and worst of it all, she thinks she's totally in love with Grayson.

She remembers every single thing we did, but only with Grayson. It kills me so much inside knowing all of this. I can't hold her anymore, kiss her anymore, and basically can't do anything anymore with her like when we were dating.

I've literally been depressed all this time over the situation, and I can't do anything about it. Grayson told me that he really wants to help me get her back, since he told me he hates being in my old spot with her.

He says it's really awkward for him, since he doesn't see her in that kind of way. He wants to help me at least try to get her to remember me as that way, but I can't even bare talking to her. Mainly cause it's like she doesn't wanna talk back to me...

On top of it all, Sofia is still on my case even when I told her to leave me alone before. Once I found out the news about Elena not remembering me, she eventually found out. She's been by my side again, which I don't really want her to because of before.

But yet, I kinda like having her by my side. She still tries to flirt with me and all, but I just ignore her. But knowing that Elena can't remember me at all and won't take me back, maybe I should just consider being with Sofia...