Chapter 19

"Elena!" I heard a voice shouting throughout the school hallway. It was now another school day, but actually the end of the day. It was Friday finally, and I was very glad it was. "Elena!" the voice shouted again, but it was now closer.

I was at my locker putting a few books back when I suddenly found a frantic looking Ethan in front of me holding a paper in his hand. "Ethan, what?" I asked concerned. I couldn't tell what he was feeling right now.

"Guess what I got on my math test?" he said with a smirk.

"Ooh, what'd you get?" I asked him curiously.

He then held the paper in his hand up towards my face, and I saw what it had read. "I passed with an 89!" he exclaimed excitedly, like a cute little kid.

"That's my boy," I smiled towards him, but it soon turned into a smirk. I then pulled him into a big hug, one like I haven't seen him in forever.

He hugged back with his muscular arms around me, and I could take in the scent of his cologne, which smelled so good on him.

Once we pulled away, I added, "I told you all that studying would pay off."

"Yeah," he chuckled. "So how about that ice cream later on?"

"Ice cream?" I asked a bit confused, but I then remembered about taking him out for ice cream if he passed. "Oh yeah, I forgot," I laughed, and so did he.

"You shouldn't be forgetting, that's what made me study and pass for this test," he laughed. "So is tonight good?" he asked me grabbing my hand.

I looked at our hands, then back at him remembering that I have plans later tonight with Mackenzie. "I would love to do it tonight, but I just remembered that I have to babysit Mackenzie tonight," I replied with a slight frown.

"Then take her with us!" he said eagerly. "I'd love for her to come."

"You sure?" I asked him.

"Yes, of course!" he replied with the cutest smile. "Please take her."

"Alright," I told him with an assuring smile.

"Okay, so I'll just come by to get you guys after I get out of football practice," he told me.

"That's perfect," I smiled towards him, and I saw him do the same. I then leaned up towards him, and planted my lips on his.

I kissed his lips, while I felt him do the same back. But I then felt him smile into the kissed, which caused me to smile also, and pull away.

"I'll see you," he said with a smile, but it then turned into a smirk. He started to slowly walk away from me as we were saying our final goodbyes, but he still held onto my hand like he couldn't get away from me.

I giggled at what he was doing, but our hands were slowly pulled away once he started walking farther away from me. I then closed my locker afterwards, and started making my way outside to get home, and be ready for tonight.

***

After hours of watching Mackenzie, it was now time for Ethan to come by and get us to go out for some ice cream. I picked up Mackenzie from her elementary school a few hours after I got out of school, and I was supposed to watch her throughout the night. It's a good thing we're going out, cause it's nice to get out of the house.

Ethan texted me when he told me he was coming by, and that was in a few minutes actually. It was later at night, and Mackenzie and I had just finished eating dinner I made for her.

I was now putting her jacket on and getting her ready to go out, since Ethan will be here any minute.

I also told her about going out for ice cream with him. "So Ethan is coming?" she asked in her adorable voice.