Chapter 20

It was now another day, and it was actually Saturday night. I was stuck babysitting Mackenzie tonight, but I'm honestly excited about it. I love spending my time around with her, since it makes me so happy.

I even told Ethan about it, and he seems really interested to join. I can very tell that he really likes her, since he's always delighted to be around her.

She was spending the night over at my house, so it would be easier to watch her from there instead of hers. It was also a little past dinner time, and Ethan was helping me prepare a late dinner. But it wasn't really a 'dinner', since we were only making Mac and cheese.

We were both in the kitchen behind the stove, while Mackenzie was sitting at the kitchen table playing with a couple of her Barbie dolls. "Is the food almost done yet?" I heard her ask in her cute voice.

"Mackenzie, we just started cooking it," Ethan replied to her laughing. I then looked over at him smiling, while he did the same back.

"Yeah Mack, you'll have to wait a couple more minutes," I added, and I heard her groan. Ethan and I only had the pot filled with water, getting heated from the stove. We were both waiting for the water to be boiled, and that was when we would finally begin to cook.

I looked back over towards Mackenzie, and I saw her playing happily with her dolls, so she was at least occupied with something to do while her food cooks. "It's done babe," I heard Ethan say, which caused me to turn back around, and still give me the chills when he gives me that nickname.

I looked towards him smiling again, and I saw him doing the same. "What's with your smiles today?" he asked laughing. More like everyday, since I always got a huge smile around him.

"What? I can't smile around you?" I joked, and I heard him laugh.

"You're just so smiley today for some reason," he added with a chuckle.

"I am huh?" I laughed, hip bumping him. He then threw his head back in laughter, and looked back over at me with his beautiful smile.

"Yes," he told me laughing, and I just giggled. "Now let's cook before we burn this house down." We laughed once again, and I soon grabbed the box of Mac and cheese.

Ethan and I started to grab handfuls of the uncooked pasta, and pour them in the boiling pot of water. As I was, and I then thought of another way to be a jokester with him. I then grab a small handful of the uncooked pasta, and threw it towards his chest.

He stood there shocked, while I let out a few giggles as I tried hiding them. His eyes soon wandered over towards mine, letting out a laugh. "You're such a tease," he said flicking a few of the uncooked pasta towards my direction, where it also hit my chest. I started laughing, while he added, "You must love throwing food at me."

"I do in fact," I smirked, and I saw him chuckle. We then waited around for a few for the food to cook, which only took about 10 minutes. We also added the cheese to the pasta, which was now fully cooked. We then poured 3 bowls of it for the each of us to eat, which actually tasted pretty good.

Mackenzie was also happy to eat her food, and she was saying that she wanted to watch a movie. We all agreed on that, and soon enough, we were all done eating. We put our bowls in the sink, and headed towards the living room.

I found Ethan helping out Mackenzie choose a movie to watch, and soon enough, she picked out Frozen. I had a feeling she would pick this one out, since I know it's her favorite movie. I helped put the disk in, and I then went over to the couch where Ethan was sitting.