Chapter 7

I walked into school the next day feeling a bit down. I was pretty furious during that moment yesterday at Ethan's house, and I still was after I left.

But I did start to feel bad after a while since I kinda snapped at him for him getting in my business, when he really was trying to help a friend out. I was hoping today at school I could talk to him about it.

I didn't hitch a ride from Sam this morning to get to school, since he never even called or texted me about picking me up. I didn't even know if he was gunna come to school. So I just decided to have my dad drop me off at school before he headed to work.

I headed over to my locker, opening it on my second try. I took out a few books I needed today for my classes, and I soon closed my locker.

As I did, my eyes wandered up to facing Ethan's. I could tell he still looked a bit bitter and worried from yesterday. But he looked speechless once our eyes locked. "Ethan," I said. "Can we talk?"

I saw him nod, and reply, "Yeah, I was actually finding you to talk." He let out a light chuckle after, and scratched his neck.

I gave him a small smile, and I noticed that he came closer towards me, making me feel a bit more nervous inside.

"I just wanna say sorry for getting mad at you from yesterday," I started, taking a deep breath. "I lied to Sam which was a dumb choice, and you were just a friend trying to help out so I wouldn't end up in something bad with him." Yet lying to Sam was actually right for me so he wouldn't have found out that I was with Ethan yesterday...

"No, I'm sorry," he defended. "I shouldn't have gotten into your business like that. It was stupid of me do to, and I thought I was actually trying to help you."

"No seriously, you did nothing wrong," I tried explaining. "You're actually a really good friend for looking out for me like that, cause none of my other friends would actually do that for me..." I said a bit shyly and looking down to the ground.

"Wow," I heard him say, and I looked up to seeing him blush? He looked adorable when he blushed like that, which made my insides get that butterfly feeling again. It even caused me to smile, like an actual real smile. "I didn't know we were on that level of friends." I wish we were on a higher level above friends...

"Same," I replied with a bigger smile. "I didn't really know either until now." He always makes me smile my biggest when he does the smallest of little things...

We started talking some more on something else, but all I could thing about was him. His eyes, his hair, his smile... Just everything about him makes me feel some type of way when I'm with him.

My mind drops memory of everything, and just focuses on Ethan. I don't even think or worry about Sam when I'm around him. I almost feel safe when I'm with him.

My thoughts about admiring him got interrupted once I heard my name being called from behind me. "Elena!" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to seeing the last person I'd wanna see at the moment.

"There you are," Sam said coming closer to me, and I felt myself feel timid at this moment.

I saw him look at Ethan, and Ethan looked a bit worried himself. My eyes then wandered back to Sam, and he looked angry, very angry.

"Sorry to kill the little party over here you two are having, but I need to see my girlfriend this instant," he added.

He then instantly gripped onto my wrist very hard, and started dragging me away from Ethan. I tried to make him pulling me not seem obvious, but it probably was since it caused a bit of a scene.

I took one quick look at Ethan before I had gotten too far away, and I saw him look afraid for his life. I could see how concerned he looked from his eyes, and confused at what just happened. I actually feel bad again for leaving him like this because of Sam...

Soon enough, Sam let go of my wrist once he pushed me into the girls bathroom. He then started walking furiously around in the bathroom looking under the stalls, showing that we were the only two people in here.

Meanwhile, I just stood back towards the wall feeling fear fill inside me, trying to get my farthest away from him.

He soon came back to me, slapping me right across my face, on my cheek. I stood there holding onto my cheek, feeling a tear escape from my eye. "I-I'm sorry," I let out.

"You lied to me!" he fumed with anger. "You promised me you wouldn't be hanging around with guys around my back, especially that one."

"I-" I tried letting out, but I had gotten cut off.

"You hung out with Ethan yesterday," he told me. "His brother Grayson told me."

"I-I was only helping him tutor," I said trying to hide my tears.

"So that's why?" he asked even more heated, and I nodded. "I don't want you near him."

"I-I kinda have to..." I tried explaining. I saw him turn around walking away from me, with his hands on the back of his head.

He then turned back to me saying, "We're done with this conversation. If I see you with him again, you're getting it worse next time."

He gave me a stern look before he walked out of the girls bathroom, and I even stood there in the same spot feeling my insides get even more fearful.

I finally took a breather, and I walked over to the sinks. I saw my tear stained face reflection in the mirror, and I sighed. It's like Sam gets even more worse every day...

I then looked in my bag for my extra makeup I keep in it, and I took it out. After I did, I started covering up the mark on my cheek where Sam had hit me. The bell for first period also rang as I was finishing it up, and I even fixed up my eyes from my crying.

Soon enough, I started making my way into my first period class, hoping that I wouldn't have to face any other concerns with Sam.