Chapter 23

A few weeks have passed, and it has been amazing so far. We have moved all of Mackenzie's stuff into my home since her mother's funeral, and her new bedroom is now in the guest room. Ethan has been over a lot, now that we get to see Mackenzie together a lot more.

It's also December, my favorite time of the year. It also reminds me about Christmas shopping, since I have to get some Christmas gifts for people. Not only that, it's Ethan's birthday coming up soon, and I still need to get him something he might like.

The weather has also been getting colder, which I kinda hate. But today, Ethan wanted to take Mackenzie and I out for ice skating. It's great that we're going, cause it means we're doing things with Mackenzie that's helping her recover from her mother's death, which I think is working. She's now the happiest and sweetest girl I still know.

Ethan picked us up, and we were all currently driving into the city that has the ice skating rink. Mackenzie also kept blabbing on about ice skating, which she seemed super excited for. Ethan and I laughed towards each other at her cuteness, and soon enough, we finally ended up at the ice rink.

"We made it!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yay!" Mackenzie squealed. We all soon  got out of the car, and I interlocked my fingers with Ethan's, and even Mackenzie's for her safety. We started heading towards the tent that held the ice skate rentals, and we all rented skates for each and every one of us.

We soon headed over to a bench, and Ethan and I were helping Mackenzie put her skates on. Ethan and I started to put ours on while she waited, and I hurried up tying mine cause I was excited to go out on the ice. I even stood up from the bench, and I almost fell down because the skates were so thin and from me losing my balance.

But suddenly, I felt Ethan catch my arm, and pull me towards him so I was sitting on his lap. I even felt our eyes got locked into each others, and all I could do was admire how amazing he is at this moment. With all my thinking, I felt him crash his lips onto mine.

We were kissing in the same position when he pulled me to him, and he kissed me so passionately and slowly, feeling so much sparks in this kiss. It was until we heard a young voice say, "Ew! Cooties!" and we both pulled away from each other.

We found Mackenzie right next to us looking disgusted as ever, and it caused Ethan and I to burst out laughing. "Sorry Mack," Ethan laughed.

"Whatever, let's go ice skating now!" she giggled, and it caused Ethan and I to do the same at her excitement.

"Okay," I giggled. I was about to get up from Ethan's lap, but I felt him hold onto me and pull me down so I can't get up. I then looked over at him asking, "Can I get up?"

"Awe why, I like it with you on my lap," he said with a smirk.

"Grow up," I said rolling my eyes, and lightly slapping his arm. He chuckled, and let go of his grip on me. I soon stood up from his lap, and I held onto his hand tight so I wouldn't fall again.

He got up after me as I still held onto him. "Don't fall this time," he laughed, holding onto my hands.

"I won't," I smiled towards him, and he did the same. I even grabbed Mackenzie's hand, and we all started skating towards the ice rink. Once we made it onto the ice, Mackenzie let go of my hand, skating in front of us. "Be careful!" I told her.

"I will!" I heard her say. "I'm awesome at ice skating." She started skating a little farther in front of Ethan and I, but we could still see her. Ethan and I were starting to skate a little more, and I already felt myself losing my balance, even when I was holding onto him.