Chapter 41

Things didn't seem as awkward after Ethan and I had our 'almost kiss'. We played with Mackenzie and her dolls, so it kinda took my mind off of it. He also left after, since it was getting kinda late and how it was a school night.

It was also now a new school day, of course. I was at my locker, putting some books away that I didn't need. I was in my thoughts, just thinking about Ethan obviously...

You may call me desperate, but I think I may be feeling something for him. But I just don't know how to put it through everything.

I soon closed my locker, getting surprised by Ethan who was standing behind my locker. What a coincidence...

"Hey," I said smiling, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hey Elena," he smiled back. "So... Are you up for tutoring today?"

"Of course!" I told him. "I'm always up for it."

He looked down towards the ground smiling, replying, "Okay, good. Is my house okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded, still smiling. I just couldn't stop smiling around him...

We started walking out of the school, to his car I guess. I didn't have to worry about picking up Mackenzie from school since my dad was, and I even texted him saying where I was going.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when I saw Ethan opening his passenger car door for me. I smiled and thanked him, getting inside. He soon got over into the drivers side, putting the key in ignition and driving out.

He started driving off to his house, while we held a conversation about something random. We mostly talked about how my birthday was coming up, which I seem pretty excited for.

After about 10 minutes, we pulled up to his house. We soon got out, walking to his front door. He unlocked it, and we both walked into his warm, decorated home.

"Mom?" I heard a voice call from another room. A girl looking about Ethan's age started walking over towards us, and she looked really pretty, but yet she looked very familiar. "Oh, its you," she added, looking towards Ethan.

I silently giggled a little to myself, and she soon looked over towards me. "Elena! Hey!" she smiled, bringing me into a hug. I slowly hugged her back, since I don't really know who this is...

"Hi," I replied, smiling as she pulled away.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" she exclaimed. "I heard about your accident, are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah, I am actually," I smiled a little awkwardly.

"Yeah, and we're supposed to be doing homework, so we'll be upstairs," Ethan interrupted, and he already started walking up the stairs.

I started following him, as I heard the girl say, "Don't be too loud!" I started to laugh again, and I even heard Ethan groan.

As we made it up to the stairs, I followed him into his room, and we sat down on his bed. "Sorry about her," he chuckled.

I started giggling, replying, "It's okay. Don't be sorry." We then started pulling out our things to work on, and I pulled out a pencil and a piece of paper.