Chapter 2

I actually felt this really exciting feeling inside me after talking to that kid Ethan. I have completely no idea why, but it's just some reason he's making me feel like that. I also found Sam afterwards, and I was very lucky he never found out about me meeting Ethan. I just really hope I'd see him again real soon.

Sam also took me home after and apologized for how he's been acting that day. He told me he was just getting a bit stressed with school and football starting. I kinda wouldn't blame him, cause I'm always getting nervous for the first day. But now it has finally come to that day.

I got up this morning by the sound of my alarm clock, and got ready for the day. I decided on wearing a cute tan summer dress, and I put a light blue plain flannel, matched with my light pink flats. I then went I into the bathroom fixing up my bed head, and I just fixed it up into its natural, brunette waves. I also put in a floral headband to match.

I then moved onto makeup, even though I'm not much of a makeup kind of girl. The most I put on is a light, tan eyeshadow, along with some mascara. That's all I had put on myself, and I then finally brushed my teeth. As I finished that up, I headed back into my bedroom putting on some deodorant and perfume. I then looked at myself in the mirror, thinking I looked pretty presentable for this day. My thoughts about today got interrupted by a knock on my door. It soon opened, revealing my mother saying, "Hey sweetie."

I looked back at her smiling, saying, "Hi."

"Sam is here for you," she replied. "And you look beautiful."

"Oh, okay," I said, picking up my school bag from the ground. "And thanks." As I started heading downstairs, she followed me down.

"I hope you have a good first day," she told me, and I turned around. I smiled towards her, and she gave one back. I thanked her, and she soon added, "Dad and I won't be able to be home later on for dinner, so do you mind fixing yourself up something?"

I nodded, feeling a bit of sadness inside me cause it's mostly always alone for me on dinner nights. "Yeah, I can do that." I gave her a sympathetic smile afterwards, and she smiled back towards me also.

"Have Sam stay over with you to keep you company," she said giving me a kiss on my cheek. "But I should probably let you go so you won't be late. Have fun!"

"Thanks mom," I smiled, and I soon headed out the door. I then started walking down the steps of my porch over to Sam's car. I got in the passengers side, and he smiled once I got in. "You look so pretty babe," he told me, and I blushed a little. As he started to drive away, he then added, "And I don't get a compliment back?"

"No," I told him reassuringly. "I was just about to say you look really good today." I tried smiling, and he soon did also.

"That's perfect to know," he said as he smiled, and I sighed of relief to myself that I wouldn't be starting anything to get him mad at me. The ride to school was fine, mainly since we talked about what the first day might be like. Also the radio was playing, killing some time during our conversation, but mainly having me start thinking about Ethan, hoping I'd see him at school. We soon made it to our local high school in about less than 10 minutes, and Sam parked his car in the student parking lot. The bell rang also as we got out of his car, and we started walking inside the school hand in hand.

"Let me walk you to your home room," he told me. Home room is where every upperclassmen should report to to get their new schedules. Sam started walking me to my home room, and before I headed inside, he told me, "Let's hope we have some classes together."

"I hope so," I smiled, and he let out a small smirk. I kinda hope he isn't in most of my classes, cause he's literally on my case about everything I do. "I'll see ya later babe," he said planting a small peck on my lips before leaving, and I soon headed into my home room. Most people were already in here, and a few of them I never noticed before. I guess some students change their home rooms for some odd reason.