Chapter 8

Since it was now finally the end of the day, I was making my way to my locker. I didn't really need to go to it, but I'm assuming Ethan might be there since we're most likely tutoring.

As I turned onto the hallway where my locker was, I found Ethan farther down the hallway, leaning against the lockers and on his phone. I smiled, and I started walking faster over to him. "So I guess this an everyday routine, right?" I joked, and he looked up at me laughing. 

"Seems like it," he chuckled, and so did I. "But you need to use your locker?" he asked moving out of the way.

"Oh, no I don't," I said, providing a small smile. "We can start heading to my house if you'd like."

"Sure," he said with his cute smile, which caused me to do the same. "But don't you need to see Sam?" I suddenly tensed up, realizing he could find me with Ethan here at any moment.

"No, he's good," I told him. "We can leave now." We both started walking away from my locker and towards the entrance to outside.

But I did look around us, trying not to make it obvious that I was looking for Sam not to be here. Thankfully, he wasn't. I don't need him chasing after me and treating me bad cause I'm with Ethan, just like this morning.

"You walked here or something this morning, right?" Ethan asked, breaking me away from my thoughts.

I nodded, and replied, "Yeah, my dad dropped me off. Usually I'd get a ride from Sam or just walk home after school," I told him. "Sometimes I'd just have to wait minutes waiting for my parents to pick me up after work."

"You don't drive?" he asked, opening the passenger door from his car for me. I thanked him, and told him that I don't really drive.

He soon walked over to the drivers side, and got in. "I only have my permit, and plus I don't have my own car," I told him.

"Awe that sucks," he replied with a light chuckle, and started driving out of the school.

"It seriously does," I giggled.

"Well, you could always hit me up for a ride," I saw him slightly smirk. "I'd be glad to give you one."

"I'll definitely hit you up," I laughed, and so did he. He then asked me the directions to my house, and I started directing him during the ride.

After about 8 minutes, we pulled up to my house. We then started getting out of the car, and I brought him up to the porch, unlocking the front door.

We both walked in once I unlocked it, and I noticed Ethan looking around. "This house is nothing like yours, right?" I giggled, and I saw him laugh.

His house was much more nice and decorated, unlike mine. "It's nice," he answered, looking at me. "Nice and roomy."

I just let out a small smile, and said, "Let's head over to the kitchen." I started walking over to the kitchen, and I heard him following behind me.

We both set our stuff down on the island table, and as I was taking out my stuff, I heard Ethan ask, "Your parents aren't home?"

"Yeah," I replied. "They're not home a lot since they're always at work. So it's usually just me here," I said with a weak smile, cause it's actually kinda depressing when it's always just me here.