Chapter 21

Elena's POV

Thanksgiving has made its way around at this point of the year, and it was honestly so perfect. My family and I had spent thanksgiving over Ethan's house, since they had invited us. It was also a time for our parents to finally meet, and my parents were saying how they really liked his family. Ethan even told me that his parents really like my family, which is perfect for our relationship.

Football season is also over, and Ethan and Grayson had finished their last football game of the season as seniors. I'm really happy for them and our school since we had won the championship, but it's a bit sad since it's senior year for them.

It was now finally a normal school day, with everything back to normal. It was also a little past lunch time, and I was in my math class right now working on some sheet that the teacher provided us. I was almost about half way done with the sheet, until I was suddenly called down to the office for dismissal.

It's weird since I don't think I was supposed to be dismissed today. If I was, my parents would have told me beforehand. Anyways, I gathered up all my things, and went over to the teachers desk so she can hand me a hall pass. Once she signed me one, I thanked her, and I started making my way down the school hallway towards the office.

Once I made it, I found Ethan sitting in one of the open seats with his stuff, along with my parents? I then became confused about what's going on cause I honestly don't know what's happening at this point. "What's going on?" I asked them in confusion.

"I asked them the same thing," Ethan replied.

"Some bad news had come up, and we had to pull you guys out of here right away to show you guys," my mom explained.

"What bad news?" I asked them as they stood up from their seats, along with Ethan.

"We can explain on the way," my dad added gesturing towards the exit. I nodded still a bit confused, and I watched my parents rush towards the exit. Ethan and I exchanged confused glances at what's going on, and we started to follow them out hand in hand.

Once we made it towards my parents car, they got in the front, while Ethan and I piled in the back. I sat close to him with our hands still intertwined as my dad started hurrying out of the school's parking lot. "So what happened?" I asked again.

"Well... Something apparently happened to Mackenzie-" my mom had started, but I soon cut her off once she mentioned her name.

"What happened? Did she get hurt?" I instantly asked, already feeling my adrenaline start to rush knowing she could be hurt at this situation. I even felt Ethan grip my hand a little more as I said that.

"No, not her," my mom replied, and Ethan and I sighed a bit of relief. "It's her mother. She got into an accident and she's at the hospital."

"They're running tests on her right now to see her condition, but they'll tell us everything once we get there," my dad told us. "But she got injured really bad, so we don't know if anything will come out good."

I nodded to what my parents were explaining to us, but all I could feel was fear. From how my parents are explaining everything, it seems like Mackenzie's mother might not have made it through. That would lead to Mackenzie not having any parents, and I really don't want her to go through something like this. I even think Ethan knew what I was feeling right at this point cause I could see the worries in his eyes.

By the time we made it to the hospital, we all quickly got out, and rushed to the entrance. We rushed over to the front desk with a middle aged woman behind a computer. "May I help you?" she asked in a monotone voice.