Chapter 39

I completely tried to ignore the events of what happened last night. I don't even know how to put it into words honestly.

Grayson brought me home after I called him, and he kept asking me why I wanted to go home so bad. But I told him I didn't wanna talk about it, and the rest of the ride home was silent.

I woke up the next morning a little after nine, and I got ready for the day. I probably won't be doing anything today but just watch Netflix, but it's nice to just be ready anyway. I took a shower, and was changed into a cute outfit during the time of year.

My dad was at work today early this morning, so he wouldn't be coming home till later. My mom had the day off today, so she wanted to run all her errands. Mackenzie also wanted to go with her, so it just left me relaxing at home.

I've been binge watching a show on Netflix ever since I've woken up, and it was around noon time I had to stop it. This was only because there was a doorbell ringing, so it caused me to stop what I was doing and go see who was there.

I sighed because this person interrupted my binge watching, but I soon opened up the door. Ethan was standing there, looking somewhat nervous. I tensed up a bit, cause of what happened last night.

He looked at me once I opened the door, and he soon said, "Hey Elena."

"Hey... What's up?" I asked a bit nervously.

"I wanna talk about last night," he told me.

I didn't know what to say, and to even react, but I still wanna know what he wants to talk about from yesterday. "Sure, um... Okay," I told him almost stuttering.

He took a breath before explaining, and he started off by saying, "I'm completely sorry about how I acted last night. I don't know what got to me, but I think it's just because I don't have you anymore..."

I looked at him to continue, getting more into what he's telling me cause of his last sentence. "I know you can't remember, but we were something before your accident. We were the most loving couple anyone could ever think of for months, but when I just fuck up that one time, everything completely changed."

"I lost you because of your memory lost, and it's like we're just strangers know," he exclaimed. "I'm literally nothing without you, cause you were honestly my everything before all of this happened. And I can't even try anything to make it get back to what it was before."

"I just want you back so bad to complete me," he told me. "I wanna put all the pieces back together make us be complete, but you don't feel what we had before..." he explained. "And because of last night, I feel like we really won't be back together, cause I fucked up once again."

"I went too far, making you feel uncomfortable and creeped out by me, and I completely understand if you don't like me anymore because of that," he stated. "I just really wanted to let this all out to you, and to tell you that I'm so sorry because of how I acted last night."

He didn't say anything after that, and I took all of his words in. He must feel so completely lost and broken at this point by what he just explained to me. I do understand that we were a thing before my accident because of his words, but I don't remember exactly everything...

"Don't be sorry, please," I told him, and he looked into my eyes. "Maybe we can just skip all of this crazy and awkwardness stage, and just skip over to starting over."