Chapter 17

It was now Halloween night, and I was very excited for what I had planned for tonight with Ethan. We were planning on going out to some haunted houses tonight with some friends, but before that, I had to take one girl I babysit out for trick or treating.

Her name's Mackenzie, and she's the cutest 5 year old I've ever seen in my entire life. I've been looking after her for about 2 years now, ever since I've been looking for someone to babysit for extra money back then.

She only has a mother, since her father passed away in a car accident not too long after she was born. Mackenzie's also like family to me, almost like a child of mine, since her relationship with her mother is pretty distant. I'm mostly there for her, almost acting like a mom, while her actual mother is out somewhere doing anything who knows what.

So since I'm supposed to be taking her out for trick or treating, Ethan wanted to tag along once I told him. At around 5:30, I picked Mackenzie up from her house, and brought her back home to my place.

I changed her into her Elsa costume from Frozen, and she looked so adorable. Once I was finishing up her braid, I heard a knock on the front door. "Is that trick or treaters?" Mackenzie asked in her cute voice.

"Um," I said stretching it out as I was making my way over to the door. Once I opened it, it reveled Ethan with his cute smile on his face. "It's not actually," I called over to Mackenzie.

I then looked back over towards Ethan, saying, "Hey." He said the same thing back, and gave me a quick peck on the lips, still feeling those sparks as they touched.

We pulled away both smiling, and I soon felt Mackenzie by my side. "Who's this?" she asked pointing towards Ethan. I giggled, and I even saw Ethan let out a small chuckle.

"Mackenzie, this is my boyfriend Ethan," I explained to her.

"I thought your boyfriend was Sam?" she asked adorably.

"Oh no, not anymore," I told her laughing, and so did Ethan.

"Good, I didn't like him," Mackenzie said plainly, and Ethan and I stared at each other surprised, but almost laughing. "But hi Ethan!"

Ethan laughed, and bent down over to her height. "Hi Mackenzie," he said with a sweet smile.

"I think I like you a lot better than Sam," Mackenzie replied.

"That's a good answer," Ethan laughed, and so did I. "So are you ready for some candy?"

"Yes!" Mackenzie squealed, and Ethan and I laughed once again at her cuteness.

"Alright, let's go!" I told her as I grabbed the pillow case to fill up with candy. We then finally left my house, and started to walk around the neighborhood.

I intertwined my fingers into Ethan's as we were walking, while Mackenzie walked in front of us. Many other families were walking on the streets with a bunch of kids getting candy.

"How about that house Mack?" I told her as I pointed to a lighted house with some kids in costumes walking towards it.

She started walking over towards it once I heard her say, "Okay," and Ethan and I stood in front of the house as she did.