Chapter 24

"...Happy birthday to you!" we all sang. A couple weeks have passed during the month of December, and it was now Ethan's 18th birthday. I'm extremely happy for him, but he's getting older, and he's basically an adult now. It's only an age difference in our relationship, but still.

Ethan spent his entire day with his family on his birthday along with his brother Grayson, but Ethan came over my house tonight so I could spend time with him. My family had a cake for him, and I even got him a birthday present.

My thoughts about this got interrupted once I heard some laughs and giggles coming from Mackenzie as my mom was taking the cake to cut it. She apparently got some frosting, and smeared it on Ethan's nose.

"You look like rudolf," Mackenzie laughed. There was red frosting on the cake, so I can see why he looks like him. We all laughed, but I think Mackenzie laughed the hardest.

"I guess that makes me a reindeer then," Ethan laughed. I went over towards him, taking the frosting off his nose and eating it.

"A cute, adorable reindeer to be exact," I said eating the frosting. I saw him smile after I said that, and it caused me to do the same. My mom soon handed us our plate of cake, and it tasted so good. Mainly cause the nearest grocery store made it.

As most of us were finishing up our cake, I wanted Ethan to open up his gift that I got him. He started to open it once I handed him the present, which revealed a Vans sweatshirt and shoes. I knew he loves Vans, so I had that kind of idea as his birthday gift. I even got Grayson almost the same thing, so it's like they're matching.

I also got him a better gift for Christmas, along with everyone else since I went Christmas shopping for some people not too long ago. Ethan looked so happy once he opened my gift, and came over to me giving me a big hug. I hugged him back as he said, "You didn't have to get me anything."

I pulled away, but I still held onto his grasp. "It's your birthday, of course I had to get you something."

"Alright, but you don't have to get me a Christmas gift. That's my job for you," he said with a slight smirk.

I threw my head back in laughter, and stared into his beautiful brown eyes. "It's too late for that," I replied. He looked back at me with his amazing, charming smile. I started to plant my lips on his, feeling his lips kiss mine back so passionately.

I pulled away a few moments later so it wouldn't get too much heated, cause I know for sure it would soon turn into that. "Hey guys, have you checked the weather?" I heard my mom say from the living room.

Ethan and I stared at each other a little confused, cause that's kinda random for my mom to bring up and talk to us about. We even laughed a little at the thought, and we both walked over towards her hand in hand. She was standing in front of the tv that had the news channel on. "It's snowing like crazy out there," my mom added.

"Like cats and dogs!" I heard Mackenzie say, who was coloring on the coffee table. We all laughed at her comment, and brought our attention back to my mom.

"They're saying it's gunna pour down really hard," my mom said. "They're already blocking the roads."

"So what does that mean?" I asked.

"It means that Ethan might not be able to go home tonight, and he might have to stay over until it's safe outside to go home," my mom explained. "Is that alright with you and your parents, Ethan?"

"Of course, as long as it's fine with you guys," Ethan replied. "I don't wanna invade or anything."

"Of course you're not invading, you're like family," my mom answered with a comfortable smile. "You're always welcome to stay overnight."